cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 32

Re: Connection drops every minute or so.

have you tried another router?
0 Ratings
dippy12
Contributor
Message 22 of 32

Well, thats my idea! I just don't really want to spend money on a different router. Is it going to be the most likely of problems. My homehub 2 is about 2-3 years old now?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 32

Hi  it is a suggestion  for the purpose of elimination could you borrow one maybe from a friend personaly i dont think it is  either a line or router issue going on the coment you posted  regarding COD   and a friend of yours having the same problem  when each of you host i am  still convinced  it is  more likely a server issue than anything else 

0 Ratings
dippy12
Contributor
Message 24 of 32

But like I said it's happened on Skype and I said before in the thread it happens while playing online poker.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 32

that is why i suggested the process of elimination but personally i do not feel it is either a line or hub problem
0 Ratings
JonnyC
Message 26 of 32

Hey, Im in the exact same boat as you! Whenever I play the xbox the hub seems to reconfigure itself after a couple of minutes. It dosnt seem to do it when looking at webpages but whenever I download also it does it. The broadband just drops out for a couple of seconds. I've tried changing microfilters, changing cables, changing channels, plugging into test socket but nothing changes it. It seems whenever I need constant streaming it drops out! I've posted about it here but still no answers! Its starting to get frustrating and bt india are useless. It happens also whenever I'm wireless or connected by cable.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 32

have you tried configuring the hub ports for the games you are using
0 Ratings
JonnyC
Message 28 of 32

Yes I've tried that but it also happens with my laptop aswell.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 32

To save confusion I suggest you start you're own post you wil get more replies that way
0 Ratings
dippy12
Contributor
Message 30 of 32

It seems he has the same problem though! I find that if I restart the router it temporarily fixes the problem. If i restart it again I get the problem! 

0 Ratings