i used the home hub manager, you can access it at

http://192.168.1.254 (default)

then go to settings > advanced > broadband > ADSL > more details

0 Ratings
NanoTm
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 33

Re: Connection drops when playing online

well during the training period you get problems with bandwidth restriction so if your trying to do something that wants to use up too much it wont work, but games dont normally use more than 256kbps, however if your trying to play via steam then you need to make your settings match your current limitation, normally <512 speed during the training period (do this in the settings on steam)
0 Ratings
Richmondv3
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 33

I think i found the problem to my low speeds, but know i would like some hep sorting the problem out.

Anyone willing?

Connection Information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 19:34:19
Downstream1,280 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationG.992.1 Annex A
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)8.5 dB / 19.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)59.4 dB / 31.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up)2.3 dBm / 1.4 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote)0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote)0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote)0 / 0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)11307 / 35
CRC Errors (Down/Up)403 / 22
HEC Errors (Down/Up)323 / 9
Error Seconds (Local/Remote)359 / 14
0 Ratings
Highlighted
mikejones
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 33

Hello mate, I dont think bfbc2 uses more than 135kbps, In fact I am sure it doesnt, my ip profile has been permanently at 135kbps since I first got the game friday before last and it works just fine, well apart from when the phone rings then I lose sync and nowt works.

Also my bfbc2 and all my other games work without any port forwarding in the router, no firewall tweaking, nothing, how come some people have to jump through hoops to get the games to work? More likely it is a firewall problem on the PC?

All the upstream hec errors wont help, could be that the bfbc2 server is throwing him out cos of that. Interleaved sucks for online gamers.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
NanoTm
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 33

well interleaved is only switched on when the error rate hits threshold point (adaptive line blah blah blah), the connection could be switched to fast (adpative changin disabled) but that wouldbnt help very much.

you have some serious noise on that line as indicated by the error rates,

have you tried runnign the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2

if theres noise audible there, do the test with a second phone (not cordless) and do it with nothing else conected to the master socket (not even the filter) to see if the noise is still there, if it is report it as a fault to bt voice after that its possible you will get better connection, better sync rate etc.
0 Ratings
Richmondv3
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 33

who are you talking to about the line test?

0 Ratings
NanoTm
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 33

you, since your the one who posted tha massive erro log on your line.
0 Ratings
Richmondv3
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 33

Why do you think i have such low speeds?

0 Ratings
NanoTm
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 33

your download sync rate is below average for your attenuation value, your recorded errors suggest soem form of interfearnce on the line and the uptime would seem to suggest that you have either ongoing or recently had sever sync problems, of course seeign the results of the test from www.speedtester.bt.com would help in ths since it would show your ip profile which i suspect would be somewhere around 500kbps or lower

so either you like pressign the rest button on the hub too much, or your line has something causing the signal to get dropped randomly (most likley early evening) but instead of a simple line resync that a lot of people get a few times a day (as the best rate changes) your's is having to do 3 or 4 attempts at a time and possibly dropping out a few tiems an hour then stabilising at a lower level.

doing a quiet line test with a corded handset with nothing else conencted to the internal side of things will prove wether the problem is external or caused by something in the house, if the test shows its something in the home then its a simple matter of finding the device that causes the problem and then replacing or moving it to a location that no longer causes the effects.

if its a line or exchange fault then you report it get it fixed (if the engineer can find it) and your sync speed should improve.
0 Ratings
Richmondv3
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 33

Most recent test shows:

Download  Speed
930 Kbps

0 Kbps1000 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
 Download speedachieved during the test was - 930 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 200-1000 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :1280 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 1000 Kbps

I never rest my hub, ever! I dont notice my connection cutting out as im on the internet basically all day. You talk about interfernce but i fitted iPlate yesterday, so shouldnt that help? i thought so but it has made it worse.

I have not got a corded phone in this house hold. How do i report it as i will try and sort it out online as the owner of the house i.e. my father is to busy.

Thanks

0 Ratings