cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Connection/internet/network problems

I changed internet provider from Sky on the promise from BT that I wouldn't experience the same connection problems. What a load of rubbish!! Not only am I experiencing the same problems but the problems are even worst. And the BT customer service line is useless, that's if you can actually get through to them. The last time I rang I waited in a queue for 1 hour and 30 minutes by which time my broadband had come back on and all they can suggest is to ring back when the problem happens, that's a joke!! I regularly lose broadband connection but the BT hub 5 shows no warnings (I am on my second hub in 5 months) all lights always remain fully lit up. The connection is far worst on the 2.4ghz band. This is now causing me major problems as I run a small business from home and require constant internet. Not only am I losing broadband but I'm losing my network. All my printers are wifi and my NAS storage drives are connected to the hub. Does any one have any suggestions of how I can get this broadband to work as it should? 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Connection/internet/network problems

Have you checked to see if it is a broadband connection problem or a wireless problem. They are two different things.

You need to establish if wired connections and wireless connections drop out at the same time.

If your wired connections stay connected and only wireless connections drop out it would appear you do not actually have a connection problem.

Once you have established which it is you should be able to get some help from the forum.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: Connection/internet/network problems

Next time it drops out I will try a wired connection
0 Ratings