Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 19

Re: Connection issues - possible wiring problem

Go to solution

It looks to me as though it using one wire from each pair and the orange wire has been terminated on terminal 3 instead of terminal 2. Its an extremely simple matter to move it, you can always put it back if it doesn't work.

It works when connected to terminal 3 as the broadband signal will be going via a capacitor, phone wouldn't work as it would block the DC but broadband will pass through but would be improved by using correct connections.

0 Ratings
azzybish
Beginner
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

Black is connected to 5 and orange to 3. I've ordered an IDC so i can do it properly, should arrive tomorrow. I've read online that i could determine which are the correct cables using a multimeter - can anyone advise how i could do that?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

Ideally the 2 live wires should be either orange/white or black/green as they are twisted pairs, but obviously you will have to use whatever is connected at the pole end. Whatever wires have been used, they should be connected to terminals 2 & 5. First try connecting green to 2, if that doesn't work move orange to 2.

azzybish
Beginner
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

I disconnected the orange from 3 and connected the green to 2 - it has now synced at the below specs! This is after 10 mins uptime - is the FEC errors anything to worry about/can i do anything else to reduce them?

SNR Margin (dB)3.36.6
Attenuation (dB)32
Output Power (dBm)11.53.5
Attainable Rate (Kbps)23164 kbps1088 kbps
Rate (kbps)20078 kbps1088 kbps
K (number of bytes in DMT frame)15351
R (number of check bytes in RS code word)166
S (RS code word size in DMT frame)05
D (interleave depth)964
Delay (msec)55
FEC73790
CRC00
Total ES00
Total SES00
Total UAS00
Total LOSS00
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

the FEC errors are inleaving doing it's job of forward error correction to help your conenction - nothing to be concerned

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
azzybish
Beginner
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

great thanks for your help. it does make me wonder why it was working with the ring wire connected in 3 but wouldnt with just the black in 5.

if it is now working does that mean that green is definitely the correct one to have in 2?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

did you disconnect terminal 3?

connection looks good now and hopefully will remain stable

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
azzybish
Beginner
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

Yes i disconnected the orange from 3 and put the green into 2, so now its just black in 5 and green in 2.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

that should be ok now

0 Ratings