cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Connection issues while gaming on wireless

Go to solution

Hi i have recently upgraded to BT infinity and its great im getting high download and upload speed, however im experiencing lag whenever i play games. I am on wireless connection and i know that wired connection is better however it is inconvenient for me. If i have my ethernet cable in there isnt any lag in the game but when i dont it does.

My connection in a game is never bad and i usually have a max ping of 60ms and an average of 30ms.

My friend doesnt seem to have any of these issues even though he is on a laptop and his connection speed is around 60Mbs when mine is on about 117Mbs

I am wondering what the issue even though i have a good connection in game is and if there can be a fix without having to be wired

Thanks, Sam

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Connection issues while gaming on wireless

Go to solution

If there is no lag using Ethernet then the problem is wireless and is nothing to do with your broadband connection. You could try changing the wireless channel on the Homehub. See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14094/related/1

You should also check that your wireless network card has up to date drivers. Use the card manufacturer's website rather than using Windows which can be out of date.

Have you tried gaming at your friends to what happens. This will let you see if the problem is with your computer or if it lies elsewhere such as with wireless interference.

Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: Connection issues while gaming on wireless

Go to solution

Thanks soo much it has seemed to work so far however i will need more time to make sure thank you very much for you support

0 Ratings