cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnC2
Message 11 of 17

Re: Connection keeps dropping, New service

Hi @blozza Sorry you are experiencing drops in your broadband connection. 

As @XRaySpeX has asked will you post the full stats from the router when connected to the test socket. 

Thanks

John

0 Ratings
blozza
Beginner
Message 12 of 17

latest stats from test socket;

Firmware version:

SG4B10002244

Firmware updated:

13-Nov-2017

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 3 Hours 9 Minutes 45 Seconds

Data rate:

13.06 kbps / 39.84 kbps

Maximum data rate:

13065 / 39843

Noise margin:

6.3 / 7.3

Line attenuation:

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

My downstream has dropped about 10mb this morning but does seem more stable, currently been connected about 3 hours now, I can see over night it was still dropping out every 1 hour - 30mins.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 17

just keep checking and see if move o test socket has helped stabilise your connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
blozza
Beginner
Message 14 of 17

I think I may have figured out my issue, bit of a strange one but I suspect the casue maybe my home plugs (TP-Link PowerLine), I have a few of these in the house to hardwire a few devices.

By chance I turned the main one off while putting the BT master socket back together becasue it was phyically in the way and forgot to turn it back on when I finished. 

The connection had been fine all afternoon with no drops, I just assumed it had settled.  Later turned my plugs back on and within 20mins connection had dropped again, guessing they may have been the issue I turned them back off and connection stayed up for hours again, turn them back on and disconnected again. 

I will test the theory again tomorrow to make sure I'm not going mad!

I wonder if they are casuing electrical interferance and that noise is making the router drop the WAN connection?

Anyone expirence or heard of this before?

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 15 of 17

@blozza wrote:

I think I may have figured out my issue, bit of a strange one but I suspect the casue maybe my home plugs (TP-Link PowerLine), I have a few of these in the house to hardwire a few devices.

By chance I turned the main one off while putting the BT master socket back together becasue it was phyically in the way and forgot to turn it back on when I finished. 

The connection had been fine all afternoon with no drops, I just assumed it had settled.  Later turned my plugs back on and within 20mins connection had dropped again, guessing they may have been the issue I turned them back off and connection stayed up for hours again, turn them back on and disconnected again. 

I will test the theory again tomorrow to make sure I'm not going mad!

I wonder if they are casuing electrical interferance and that noise is making the router drop the WAN connection?

Anyone expirence or heard of this before?

Countless times especially if they are plugged into the same socket as the router.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 17

@blozza

Can you make sure that you have them connected correctly please, as that can cause major problems

See Important - Using powerline adapters or broadband extenders

0 Ratings
blozza
Beginner
Message 17 of 17

Yep definitely connected correctly and its not in the same power socket as the router (but it is less than half a meter away). 

I'll do without them for now!

Thanks

0 Ratings