cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wombat
Message 1 of 14

Connection on Ipod Touch 4th Generation

Hi,

Just got an Ipod Touch and tried to connect on BT Openzone, have downloaded the App and on registering managed to accept terms and conditions but then it comes up with "there was a problem registering your details".  I have checked that I have put in the correct email address, that the PC has opted into BT Openzone but not sure now what else to do, can anyone advise.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 14

Re: Connection on Ipod Touch 4th Generation

Hi Wombat,

Welcome to the forum.

Was it a BT Fon or BT Openzone app? Are you definitely using your primary @btinternet.com email address?

Thanks,

Stephanie

0 Ratings
adamjb68
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

0 Ratings
adamjb68
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Why is my post not showing?
0 Ratings
adamjb68
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

I've been having the same problems. I use the BTFON app on my iphone 3GS and I used the btinertnet.com email address but I still get "there was a problem registering your details". However if I use the same details and manually log on by selecting the BTFON wifi network and sign on at the BT landing page, then it works fine.

There is definitely something wrong with the iPhone app
0 Ratings
H_Dawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 14

The app is a bit fiddly. What you need to know is that you can't register your details using the app when connected to a BTFON/OZ network.

So if you're at home, connect to your home hub network. Open the app, register your details. THEN connect to a FON/OZ network and the app will work fine.

This needs to be made clear with the app, because a lot of people get stuck with it.

adamjb68
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Thanks for the feedback H-Dawg. I tried this just now while connected to my HH and it still gives me the error message

0 Ratings
H_Dawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 14

BAH!

Give openzone/FON a bell on 08000 223322 and they'll sort it out for you. They're open till 11.

adamjb68
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Thanks again  H_Dawg. After about a month of trying to work this out I finally have a solution. And it's a strange one but it totally works.

I called BTFON on the number you gave me and they said there is usually a problem with the app if you're already opted in to BTFON. So she opted me out and I tried again. Didn't work. Then she suggested that I change the password used to be all lower case. I was sceptical but I changed the password in BTYahoo, the one I log into my btinternet email account. I then opted out of BTFON on the internet and then registered using the iPhone app and, bingo, it worked!

What silly buggers BT are for making a crappy app like this. Oh well, all good now.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
iPodSlaaf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

H_Dawg...Well done on a post giving correct advise to another user having a problem, looking at some of the pathetic attempts to offer help/advise that are regularly posted it seems to me that some people need to stick to just reading and not participating in them. Also I would never have believed such terrible spelling/grammar was so prevalent!
0 Ratings