cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
H_Dawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 14

Re: Connection on Ipod Touch 4th Generation

Sometimes when I read posts on this forum, or the internet at large, I lock myself in a cupboard and silently weep for humanity.

The same thing happens when I'm channel surfing and happen to catch a second of the Jeremy Kyle show.

"PLEASE, GOD, NO. LET THESE PEOPLE JUST BE BRILLIANT ACTORS. I BEG YOU. PLEASE DON'T ALLOW THESE LOVECRAFTIAN MONSTERS TO ACTUALLY EXIST IN OUR SOCIETY"

smithrk2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 14

I'm having a very similar problem but my password is already all lower case.

I have the Simpl BT Fon unit, I can connect to MyPlace ok, and I can connect to FON_FREE_INTERNET using my laptop, but not with the iPhone, I cant connect to anyone elses either.

The screen states, "Wi Fi is switched off - please check your wi-fi settings and try again. if I re enter my details for logon it then sits at "Checking login status" and stays there.

I must say that support for this service very very poor, I wish I had never bought the unit as I've spent days trying the many fixes that are posted on the forums. Where is the official support email address ??

0 Ratings
smithrk2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 14

I'm still having problems hitting the landing page from my iPhone4 , its a new instalation using the Fon Simple. I'm convinced its a problem with the Fon App on the phone, or getting it registered.

While setting up the username and password, I enter my email address and password, and leave the "@btinternet.com" as the email suffix though that is not my address and while its at that setting the tick box for accepting the terms and conditions is available and I can read the terms and conditions. Now when I correct the email suffix to "@btconnect.com" the accept terms etc are made unavailable, so its impossible to properly register with anything other than a .btinternet account. Is this an error in the app or is there another process to follow when you have a non .btinternet account.

Bob 😞

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 14 of 14

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the forum.

Can you connect to a hotspot without using the app? If you're in the vicinity of a hotspot, you should get the Fon landing page when you open a web page, does this happen?

Stephanie
0 Ratings