cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 21 of 37

Re: Connection problems for 6 months !

Screenshot_20180219-155751~2.pngGuess it's true but completely irrelevant if i see no improvement in reliability or speed

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 37

For many people the 100% increase is a significant improvement especially if you upload files to the cloud

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 23 of 37

Aye thats fair enough, but for many people the 100% increase is on an already stable line, im being told by an engineer today that I could get 10Mb download speed with 21CN, if I see half that I'll be frankly stunned !

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 37

From the dslchecker results you can see that is not going to happen with your estimated speed almost same as your current adslmax apart from up speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 25 of 37

....and from the dslchecker I can now see it's not going to happen on the 1st march either !
Sad state of affairs waiting for a tech that was already out of date when it was deployed.

There will be 4G on the moon before this corner of earth sees an improvement !

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 26 of 37

Quick question, what entity has access to edit the information posted on the dslchecker  ?

You would think that as time goes by the date for 21CN would actually get closer but no it just adds another day to the ETA and the month buffer continues !

"Oh look your line is due for an upgrade !" (Clicks random near date on dslchecker and runs away laughing)

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 27 of 37

@PaddyB
Hi Patrick, would you be able to look into my line stability please ?
My SNR is all over the place and my connection keeps dropping, I'm not sure if the SNR is the culprit or a fault.

A while back it was set to 9 or 10 at the exchange and I've been able to push it higher with a different router which has kept it relatively stable. I fear it's this stabilisation that's been detected and as a result the SNR has been automatically lowered to it's target of 6 but it's dropping way lower despite me attempting to maintain it at 12 .
I've done all the usual checks and even tried the BT router but same result.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 37

Hi @TUX

Thanks for posting back!  Sorry to see your broadband connection is dropping out.

Can you send us over your details and we'll pick this up again?  We'll give you a shout once you reach the top of our email queue.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 37

Hi @TUX,

I'd like you to know that you are due to be changed from ADSL1 technology over to ADSL2 technology. The completion date for that order is the 25/04/2018. Would you still like your SNR changed before then to see if that helps or would you prefer to wait until after the order completes?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 30 of 37

Hi @DanielS

I've been keeping an eye on that date and it's a moving target tbh.
Unless you know different I'm not putting much faith in it ?

The disconnects are so bad now I doubt a raise in SNR can help anymore as I'm seeing it drop to near zero, I'm inclined to think there is a more serious fault.
I happen to know the neighbours are also having issues.

Something afoot at the exchange ?

Thanks

0 Ratings