Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 17

Re: Connection problems

you won't get a broadband engineer visit is all you need is the line reset - the DLM will do that automatically given a stable 24/7 conenction and a couple of weeks

to report a broadband fault you phone customer services 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pmillar1970
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Think I'm going to have to report the fault isn't fixed (which I didn't think it was), as getting some noise on the line again, although I have noticed I've had quite a few connections up for 10 hours a few times, so it's not disconnecting that often (or not from the logs).  I've also noticed that I am seeing this in the router log before every link down message

PPP LCP Send Termination Request (User request)

So not sure what this means, but seems to suggest the termination is coming from my end (i.e. the router), so I'm looking into that online, as I'm probably going to struggle to get a convenient appointment for a week or so.

So if that means anything to anyone, please let me know if it suggests anything else I can try.

0 Ratings
MBR123
Expert
Message 13 of 17

Your noise margin is way to high, which is causing your speed to drop. Just leave your equipment alone for a good few weeks and your speed should settle back down again.

Edit: sorry meant to mention as well. I get the same error I think this is due to your line being under pressure so it reboots with this error message, again if you leave your equipment alone for a good few weeks it should be OK.

Please click on white star to the left and say thanks if I have helped you at all!. 🙂 Thank you. Some handy links Copy & Paste:-
http://bthomehub.home/
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/index.html
http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed
0 Ratings
pmillar1970
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 17

Engineer visit booked this afternoon - didn't come to my house but something changed around 11:15am and the highly recommended Laura from BT Care called to say she'd seen some engineer notes and he'd "re-jumpered the connection in the cabinet" - so assume this means the green cabinet at the end of my road.   Since this time I've had no disconnections (8 hours and counting) and my speed has held at 54Mbps/15Mbps approx.

I'll be monitoring as you'd expect anyway but I believe I can see some differences specifically in the figures for the noise margin but thought I'd post here to see if anyone can confirm it looks healthier and maybe give me some confidence the problem may be resolved.

11:13:41, 01 Sep.

DSL Link Up: Down Rate=54755Kbps, Up Rate=15510Kbps; SNR Margin Down=5.9dB, Up=6.0dB

Previous event log entry

10:49:57, 01 Sep.DSL Link Up: Down Rate=32400Kbps, Up Rate=753Kbps; SNR Margin Down=12.4dB, Up=5.8dB

Other stats from the Helpdesk section for comparison to my originally supplied stats

1. Product Name: HomeHub5

2. Serial number: +076284+1502001714

3. Firmware version: v0.07.03.0814-BT (Type B) Last updated [Unknown]

4. Board version: 01

5. VDSL uptime: 0 days, 08:19:01

6. Data Rate: 15510 / 54755

7. Maximum Data Rate: 15429 / 67433

8. Noise Margin: 6.3 / 6.6

9. Line Attenuation: 0.0 / 16.6

10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0

11. Data sent/received: 237.4 MB / 1.5 GB

12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com