cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 14

Re: Connection speed (download/upload speeds) question

you have got the drop in noise margin but you have been set on fast instead of interleaved resulting in a very large number of crc/hec errors.  this will be killing your download speed which you should see if you run btpeedtester beta version.  need mods to put on interleaved

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Phil_Redbud
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 14

Thankyou IMJ, I doubt I can get the page up but I appreciate your help very much, Phil.

0 Ratings
Phil_Redbud
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 14

After 47 attempts (seriously 47) I had one test show results as........

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed

0.76 Mbps

0 Mbps
7.15 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.76 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 2 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 7.61 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed

0.69 Mbps

0 Mbps
0.83 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.69Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps

This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.This might be useful for your Broadband Service Provider to investigate the fault.

If you wish to carry out further tests,please click on 'Continue' button.If not, please close the window using 'Exit' button and contact your ISP for further assistance with these results.

I have contactacted the mods again as IMJ suggests, now the obligatory 5 day wait for a reply.

I went with BT for the simple reason I didn't want to take time off work to let Virgin in. We live and learn eh!. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 14

the mods will contact you normally within 3 working days it can sometimes be longer if they get a backlog
0 Ratings