cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZeSpectre
Message 1 of 6

Connection speed insanely slow.

Hi, for a couple of days now with no warning, my BTHomehub2 connection has been incredibly slow. My doing a download in steam, the download speed was about 100 bytes a second. I can't even load webpages, and yet the signal is very strong. This problem is also present on my laptop and my psp. I've tried unplugging it for a while, but the problem remained. The best the connection has been is around 6kbs this morning.

Any ideas? I'll have to call BY support tomorrow even though there's no chance they'll be helpful, or even polite, so I'm kinda desperate. Thanks. 🙂
Tags (3)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Connection speed insanely slow.

welcome to the forum

when you are at your pc please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester http://speedtester.bt.com and post the results.

are you connected directly to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Do you have any phone extension sockets in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ZeSpectre
Message 3 of 6

The problem is that speed is so slow I can't even open the ip page. My BT phone hasn't been working in the past week. Whenever I pick it up (wireless), it makes a constant screeching noise resembling dial up.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Hi suggest you try a new filter sounds like one has failed
0 Ratings
ZeSpectre
Message 5 of 6

Sorry, what's the filter?
0 Ratings