Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 32

Connection speed slowed overtime - BT Infinity 2

Go to solution

My father is paying for BT Infinity 2. When we first got it installed we got around 70Mb down and 20Mb up. Overtime this speed has slowed to the point i feel he is now being capped at 40Mb since thats all he is getting. Can i confirm this shouldn't happen especially with slowing to this extreme. Especially dropping from 70Mb in the first 2 months to 40Mb. 

If he is being capped i think this is disgraceful on BT's part. When speaking to a BT Openreach engineer who i know he said this is a common complaint at the moment where even he thinks BT are capping people at 40Mb who are supposed to be getting 70Mb.

Kind Regards,

Alex

0 Ratings
31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
Message 2 of 32

Re: Connection speed slowed overtime - BT Infinity 2

Go to solution

This does not surprise me. I upgraded to BT Infinity 2 on the 16th of December. I was told I could expect anywhere between 60-70mb/s but I was actually getting 75 mb/s. I was also informed that I would get a guaranteed minimum of 55mb/s. Guess what? After 5 days my speed has drop to just under 56mb/s (but somtimes goes below this) but on average is hovering at the guaranteed minimum speed. Coincidence? I think not...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 32

Go to solution

I feel like this has become a big illegal scam. We got guarenteed speeds of 69-70Mb though.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 32

Go to solution

Screenshot 2016-12-21 at 10.03.36.png

This is a pic of the Cab my dad is on which is cab 17 South Elmsall Exchange.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 32

Go to solution
Can you post the connection stats from the hub?

Are you connected to the master socket or an extension?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 32

Go to solution
I will when I get home later on. And we are on a master socket. The open reach engineer pulled out all the extensions since they where causing interference with the connection.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 32

Go to solution
Hub stats will help us advise further 🙂
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 32

Go to solution

Sorry for my day late reply. Had a hectic week so far. 

Here are screen shots of my DSL line status.

BT 1.PNG

As you can see we have now been put down to 48mbps. When we used to recieve 70mbps and we know it is possible since we used to receive that for around 2 months. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 32

Go to solution

Also just to be clear we are paying for BT infinity 2.  Which means a max of 76mbps.

bt2.PNG

Ive obscured account numbers etc for obvious reasons

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 32

Go to solution

I thought i would also add that we had a new router installed because we where having issues with out BT YouView pay channels cutting out which has now stopped but before then our speed reduced. 

0 Ratings