cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enigma1
Message 1 of 2

Connectivity Issues

Go to solution
The past 2 days or so I started strange connectivity problems with certain IPs including a server I host in US. My BT configurations is the default, with Wireless disabled. I see typical speeds of almost 400KB/sec usually but with some IPs transfers drop to just few KBs/sec although the servers have no problems. Tested from different locations and I do not see the problem. Also I tried with several proxies and there is no issue. The problem appears to be when a direct connection takes place. The host asked my to contact my ISP for connectivity/backbone issues regarding this and so here I am. Other things I tried in the past 2 days. - Reset the router tried with different IPs same problem. - Checked trace route everything looks normal no latencies to target IPs. - Tried different PC systems different browsers, ftp tools etc, no difference Anyone knows what is going on?
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
enigma1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Connectivity Issues

Go to solution
This problem is now solved. It was the router cache that was causing the limited transfer rates for some sites. Following recommendations from bt support I had to reset the router to factory defaults. I was able to see normal speeds thereafter. It happened with the stock bt router 2701HGV-C as they said there should be a fix with the upcoming firmware updates. Hope it will help others facing the same issue.
0 Ratings