cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Consant Speed Drops with no fix and little to no help

I am truly at my wit's end! My wired connection keeps dropping below my Stay Fast Guarantee, and majority of the times it has been whilst the customer support has been out of hours so I'm not even able to call and report it. I've only been with BT since August and this is the first time I have purchased broadband from anywhere it has been awful.

My speeds will get "reset" and fixed.. but then a few days later it drops again and today it has been so bad that the hub itself keeps disconnecting now. An engineer has even been sent in the past and he could find no fault within my home or outside. 

I have tried to call and complain as it literally states that if my speed ever drops below the guarantee, I have to right to cancel fee-free, yet I was refused the option as the speed "looked good" on the customer support's assistant at the time, despite me having visual proof from the BT speed tester that my internet was below the guarantee the night before as well as in the past.

The online chat service has been unhelpful in the past, but I've had to resort to using it again today and now ANOTHER engineer is being sent, which is most likely going to be pointless again.

I'm really unhappy with my service, and think it is so unfair and must be a breach of contract for me to keep having these problems so frequently.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Consant Speed Drops with no fix and little to no help

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@katherineblinkhorn, welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry to see you're having problems with your broadband speed. I've sent you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@katherineblinkhorn 

there is no guarantee on download speed  all the speeds quoted by BT and the shown on dslchecker are connection speeds

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

this will show expected speed range of your connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings