cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Misanthropic666
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Consistent Connection Issues.

Ever since i got my broadband installed some weeks ago, every single day without fail my broadband stops working for brief moments of time, multiple times a day for no reason. There is not a problem with the internet in my area, so i ruled that out. My phone line is working fine since the woman robot on bt phone tested it, and said it was fine. So i am at a loss as to what the problem is. i need it sorted asap, and if it persists much longer i will seek another internet provider. as i am not prepared to pay £40+ per month for this "service".

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Consistent Connection Issues.

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router you may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or if HH4/5 then go to troubleshooting then logs and you are looking for 2 line together when hub last connected to internet and they will show your connection speed and noise margin or if netgear enter 192.168.0.1). Then run  btspeedtester  (MAC users may have problems). when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post the results ( do not reset the router).

are you connected directly via a filter to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

Hi Welcome to the community forums
Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html
once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs
Lines should look like this
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

Thank You
This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators
0 Ratings
Misanthropic666
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

Well i typed "192.168.1.254" into my browser and...nothing happens, just a constant "loading" symbol.. and i am using BT5 Hub.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

you enter it into your browser address bar at the top of your browser
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

If you have a hh5 once you are in hub manager then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and post the stats you see

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Misanthropic666
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Okay i am not retarded. i know how to enter an address into my search bar in my browser. What i am saying is. I entered it.I pressed enter.The page does not load. here is a picture of what i have been looking at for 20 minutes now.Picture of nothing happening.PNG

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Does this help. http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

I posted that as many people enter it in their search engine

and if that is your attitude you will be unlikely to get much help on this customer to customer forum i am out of this post
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 10 of 12

Hi Everyone,

Please keep it friendly.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings