cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidrhysshaw
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Constant DHCP device disconnects on HH5

I have an annoying problem that is driving me bonkers! Infinity working great - 77MB speed with no dropouts. Most of the time everything is fine, then browsing the web will pause - on all devices wireless and wired - for 30 seconds or so, then back to normal. Looking at the DCHP log on the Hub it shows almost constant disconnects and reconnects for all devices. This continues through the night - when the devices are not in use. Have had a replacement HH5 and the same thing happens. DHCP lease is set to 21 days.

Anyone seen anything similar? Or is this disconnect \ reconnect normal?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Constant DHCP device disconnects on HH5

Disable DHCP and give your devices static addresses?

0 Ratings
davidrhysshaw
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Yes, thought about that - but got a lot of devices to change! Didn't have this problem previously. Just don't know why an iPad sitting on the table, not in use, would disconnect and reconnect 3 times in 30 minutes. Doesn't make sense to me ...
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

A lot of the things with the HH don't make sense I'm afraid!! Have you split the wifi networks, that might help.

0 Ratings
davidrhysshaw
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

No, just using the 2.4 , with the 5 disabled. However, the problem is the same with ethernet and Powerline connected devices.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

You could try factory re-setting the hub, that seems to fix a lot of problems. Press the recessed button at the rear for about 20 seconds until the lights flash.

0 Ratings
davidrhysshaw
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Tried that, no change - maybe this is just the way DHCP works on the HH5. Thanks for your ideas licquorice.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Have to admit I have never used a Home Hub in all the years I have had broadband, too many problems with them and BT are forever tinkering with the firmware.

0 Ratings