Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Miketehbaws
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Constant Disconnection

Hey,

My wireless connection keeps dropping causing my xbox to disconnect and my laptop's internet to freeze for 5-10 seconds.

I've tried changing the channel, resetting the hub, turning off all other devices.  Im only about 2 metres from the hub so having a interupted connection doesnt seem like the solution. 

This is extremely depressing as xbox online is virtually impossible to play if it sometimes disconnects inbetween times of 10 seconds- 10 mins.

What can i do?

P.S. I have home hub 3.0, any help is appreciated Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Constant Disconnection

Hi It is reccomended for gaming to use a wired connection as there is to many potential sources of interference that can cause packet loss and increase latency and disconnections
0 Ratings
Miketehbaws
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

I know wired is alot better but i'd prefer to use wireless and its not just my xbox it affect my laptop too

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

you can try downloading inssider2.1 (istumbler if MAC) and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. If you then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.  I know you have tried changing the channel but this gives more information of channel to select

Have tried changing your wireless in the hub from b/g/n to just b/g unless all your devices are 'n' rated

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

if the hub does not disconnect eg none of the lights change colour then it is a wireless interference problem which is not a BT problem as the problem is external to the hub are all your devices wireless card using the latest drivers you could also try changing from wireless b/g/n to b/g that may also help
Miketehbaws
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

No the lights don't go off so ty i will try these solutions and come back if and update this Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Miketehbaws
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

Uhm i can't seem to find how to change the wireless from b/g/n to b/g...

Where is it under in the hub settings?

Thanks

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

don't use a hub but must be under wireless after you log in to the hub manager

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Miketehbaws
Beginner
Message 9 of 14

ok i have changed it to b/g,  i'll give it a good few hours then come back to you thanks alot

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

hope it helps otherwise back to the drawing board