TerryTeo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Constant Red Broadband Light

Go to solution

I have a problem with my broadband.

On the 15th October I rang BT and requested my connection to be
transferred to my new property on the 28th October. I then received an
email stating that connection would be made on the 5th November.
I then rang BT again stating that this date was incorrect and the
changeover date should be the 28th October and immediately received an
email confirming this new date.
On the 28th I moved into the new property and the broadband was
working fine. The 5th of November arrived and the broadband stopped
working (going from a blue power light, a blue broadband light and a
blue wireless light to blue power, red broadband & blue wireless).

Since the 5th I have had 3 engineers come to my property, all of
which have found no faults at the property (including the router) and
almost daily calls from India but I still have no connection.

I would appreciate your help immensely! Any thoughts?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 10

Re: Constant Red Broadband Light

Go to solution

Hi TerryTeo,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.

A red broadband light usually indicates a problem with authentication.  Can I get you to check what details you are using within the hub manager?

• Open a web-browser and type http://api.home or http://192.168.1.254 in the address bar and then click Go, or press Enter.
  • Click Settings
  • Enter Hub password and click OK
  • Click Advanced Settings
  • Click Broadband
  • Click Internet
  •  

Under the 'broadband username' section make sure that the username you are using is bthomehub@btbroadband.com.

Please check this and then get back to us to let us know where we stand with this.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
    TerryTeo
    Aspiring Contributor
    Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi SeanD,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes the username I am using is bthomehub@btbroadband.com

I hope you can help me. I have been going round in circles with the call centre and getting absolutely nowhere!

Thanks!

0 Ratings
    Moderator-Retired
    Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi TerryTeo,

Ok thanks having a look for us.

If you haven't already been connected via the test socket and swapped your microfilters around give that a whirl.  If you have and no joy I'll need to carry out some further checks on your line.

Could you drop me in an email please with your BT account and telephone number along with a link back to this thread.

Just send to the email address in my profile.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
    td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
    0 Ratings
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
    Hi TerryTeo,

I just wanted to let you know the @btcare guys are already on the case and will get back in touch shortly.

Thanks,

Stephanie
    0 Ratings
    Highlighted
    Robbos
    Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hello, We have just resolved this same issue.

Our broadband went down on the 2nd Nov....(due to the server in Edinburgh causing problems for so many)...called BT on 4th, then back and forth to Indian call centre for next coupe of weeks. After talking us through everything imaginable, they decided to send us a new Hub, same problem with red light, 3rd hub sent same problem...they told us that the problem was definitely in our house as the line checks all came back as working...finally arranged to have an engineer call, husband took day off to see him, when at 2pm, the engineer phoned up to say he had walked into the exchange 1/2 mile away and found the broadband 'card' had melted and that was the cause of all our problems!!!! This was not apparent from the help line that suggested our area was ok after the fault, they then fixed the problem after 1 day although we are still taking minutes to load each page which is frustrating! Wonder if this could also be what has affected you?? Hope our experience helps.

Tags (2)
    TerryTeo
    Aspiring Contributor
    Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
    Hi Robbos,
    Thanks for your comments. I guess that could be my problem!? I've had engineers tell me they've checked the 'green box' on the street but nobody's mentioned they've checked the exchange locally (if these are in fact 2 different things! I suppose the engineers could also be telling me porkys!).
    I've been told by the guys at @btcare that an engineer will be calling on Mon/Tues so perhaps the mods on here can make a note to have the exchange in my area checked in my growing file!
    Thanks again.
    0 Ratings
    TerryTeo
    Aspiring Contributor
    Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks to Robbos and to Rodney at @btcare for assistance with my problem.

It was exactly as Robbos outlined with her problem below and your assistance was helpful in giving the engineer a head start!

Its a shame we even need to deal with BT India. The service I recieved once finding this forum and @btcare on Twitter was impeccable. BT India was an absolute nightmare from the start and I can honestly say I got NOWHERE with them. A complete waste of time and a terrible advertisment for BT.

BT, what on earth are you thinking!

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
    JackBauer
    Beginner
    Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
    have to agree with you on the BT India side of things. still no luck on them sending someone out to look at my connection. i rang again today and they did the same thing another guy told me to do last wednesday. i told him we had done this already and the guy did a line test last wednesday. next thing the guy decides to do a line test even though i told him it had been done before and they found a fault. asked for a number for the infinity line in england. he said he could not do that. nearly a week since i rang the problem and nothing has been organised to get it fixed.
    0 Ratings
    JackBauer
    Beginner
    Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

now i must add that the guy passed the problem on and im waiting on a phonecall tomorrow about it. same thing happened last thursday. they phoned. tlaked my brother through a few things but still no go. i added that i was working all day tomorrow, they are gonna ring me at work. not sure how ringing me when my hub is at the house but oh well as long as i can talk to someone who knows something and someone i can understand.

0 Ratings