Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Constant buffering and low d/l

Hi

For about a week now anything I try to watch online buffers virtually constantly.

Any ideas please?

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1081 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :4256 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 3500 Kbps

Line stateConnected
Connection time6 days, 23:26:52
Downstream4,256 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.1
Latency typeFast
Noise margin (Down/Up)16.7 dB / 20.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)42.0 dB / 24.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up)19.5 dBm / 11.9 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)0
Loss of Signal (Local)0
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)2474 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up)nil / 30
Error Seconds (Local)

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Constant buffering and low d/l

Hi yor connection is fine your down load speed however is. Low. That could be related to the time of day the test was run. What sites were you trying to view as they can some rimes getoverloaded and they slow down affecting yourviewing
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Hi John

Thanks for replying so quick.

The problems are at all times of the day and night to all sites. The speed test I did was about 00.15 today.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Hi how are you connecting the hub to your pc wireless. Or Ethernet cable???? Which sites are buffeting are you trying to vies. The stream I n standard or highdefination???
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

your noise margin is high at 16.7 as normal about 6. are you connected directly to the master or the test socket?  do you have any extension sockets in other rooms?

have you tried the quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2 should hear nothing and best done with a corded phone if possible

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

hi John

I'm using ethernet cable. The sites i'm trying to use are BBC, ITV, The Times, STV, and Sky.

All the programmes are standard as ive never been able to watch any highdef without it buffering constantly.

With the newspaper it takes minutes for photographs to appear on the story and programmes I download from Sky that usually take 10 mins are now taking an hour.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

check your echange for any problems  http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status

do you have the most up to date version of flash player installed as many sites require that to run correctly particularly if video/animation even in the adverts on the site - just another thought 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Hi Imjolly

I'm connected directly to the master socket. There are no extensions sockets at all only the main socket.

I've just rang the quiet test line and could hear nothing.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Hi again Imjolly

I have checked the 3 links and nothing is reported for my area.

I have the latest flash upgrade too.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

stats look ok apart from the high noise margin. btspeedtester has the correct profile for your speed but the throughput/download is low for you profile.  you need to stay connected and if there is no noise on your line then your noise margin should come down probabo 3db at a time with a small increase in speed.

I would check btspeedtester a few times and compare your throughput with your profile as the figures should be closer.  you can also check the exchange again just in case there are problems.

if throughput stays low compared to your profile then contact the mods and see if they can help  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

0 Ratings