Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 40

Re: Constant disconnections and reboots

Hopefully it will solve the noise and the HR fault causing broadband to drop on calls

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 40

The Homehub has gone into another one of those cycles of almost constant reboots.  The connection is virtually unusable and I am having to rely on connections via BT Fon and BT Wifi.  Is the Homehub best left like this in the hope it might highlight a problem to BT, or would you think I should power it off it until the engineer's visit in case of permanent damage to the Homehub ? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 40

are you using fon and wifi from your hub or a neighbours?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 40

I am assuming a neighbour's John, as my Homehub is still rebooting. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 40

ok I asked as this thread seems to be highlighting a similar hub issue and the mod team are dealing as you will find around the last few pages https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Queries/WiFi-cutting-off-on-HH3-every-few-mins-since-yes...
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 40

Thanks John.  There are some similarities there, although perhaps mainly in the frustration.  Most of them seem to be referring to HH3.  I use smart wireless on HH4, but also had the same problems when I tried my old HH3 today.  None of them mention the line noise that I hear on my landline, but of course I don't know for sure that is related.  I don't use my landline often, last night was possibly the first time in a week, and then again this morning.  The crackle is new since last week, although I don't know for sure when it started.  The disconnections/reboots problem is much worse since using the landline last night, but again that may or may not be  coincidence.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 40

The line noise is a different subject and in your case relates to your line I would suggest turning off smart wireless as it can cause problems just manually select a channel smart wireless may be a cause of your problems if it is changing channel this will cause wireless drops each time it changes

Smart wireless is not that smart as it only uses 3of the 13 channels available
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 40

Line noise is a broadband killer
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 19 of 40

Thanks John.  I will try as you suggest and turn off smart wireless.  Right now I am loathe to try anything as I have a stable and fast connection this morning.  I don't even want to risk a landline call in case I trigger the cycle of constant reboots all over again !! Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 40

then try changing if your line becomes unstable otherwise just stick with it if working

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.