cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lythene
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Constant disconnections at completely random times

Okay, so, I've been having problems with frequent disconnections for the past few months and have tried to get in contact with BT through the phone numbers. Everytime they check the phone line and broadband, they said there isn't any problems. We had a new router a few weeks ago to see if that would solve the issue, but it hasn't. We also had an engineer visit a little over a week ago that told us there was a fault somewhere (he wasn't sure where between our property and the exchange), went off to fix it, and didn't get back to us to let us know if he had fixed the problem or not. I'm going out of my mind at the frequent disconntions because it's really really annoying! I hope I can get some help here because we're seriously considering going elsewhere if this issue doesn't get resolved. 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Constant disconnections at completely random times

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router you may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or if HH4/5 then go to troubleshooting then logs and you are looking for 2 line together when hub last connected to internet and they will show your connection speed and noise margin or if netgear enter 192.168.0.1). Then run  btspeedtester  (MAC users may have problems). when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post the results ( do not reset the router).

are you connected directly via a filter to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

moving to another provider unless cable will make no difference as your connection from the exchange to your home will be exactly the same and the engineer will be from openreach just like now

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Lythene
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Hey there. The log details is as follows: 

16:43:04, 06 Jul.( 110.050000) DSL noise margin: 6.00 dB upstream, 12.00 dB downstream
16:43:04, 06 Jul.

( 109.580000) DSL line rate: 1231 Kbps upstream, 9270 Kbps downstream

BT Speed test results.jpg

I am connected via a filter to he NTE5 socket.

I ran the quite line test and there's nothing on the line, so all clear. 

Hope this means I can get some assistance, thanks.

0 Ratings
Lythene
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Not too sure if this is related to it, but it also looks lke a lot of packets are being blocked by the router.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

can you conenct to test socket with a filter esp4cially if you have extension sockets as using test socket rules out wxtension as a problem - provided that when you conenct to tes socket any extension does not have a dial tone

can you enter your number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

you need to remember this is a customer help customer forum and your posts are not going to BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Lythene
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Hey there, all fine through the test socket. Here is the results:

BT.jpg

Thanks!

0 Ratings
Lythene
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Also, it is the only socket we have in the house, sorry forgot to state that.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

So are you using test socket now?

0 Ratings
Lythene
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Not at the moment.

0 Ratings
Lythene
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Now I'm having even more issues. It's still disconnecting me and now my speeds have been severely reduced. I have called BT and am expecting a visit from an engineer on Wednesday to hopefully fix what the heck is going on.

01:22:05, 10 Jul.(29422.140000) DSL noise margin: 6.10 dB upstream, 16.50 dB downstream
01:22:05, 10 Jul.(29422.090000) DSL line rate: 1216 Kbps upstream, 287 Kbps downstream
0 Ratings