Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thebennyboy
Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Constant disconnections

Go to solution

I am experiencing a lot of disconnections, originally i thought it may be a faulty home hub. I phoned BT india and it turns out the i have a fault in the exchange and was promised a call from an engineer at around 1:30 - 3PM on Sunday 5th (today). You can guess it, got no call and i am not phoning BT india again. The online fault tracker has not changed. Was i lied to in saying that an engineer would call on a sunday?

What would be the best thing to do? Call india and ask why i was not called or wait until monday?

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Constant disconnections

Go to solution

I find it a bit of a coincidence that has been quite a few posts recently on the forum where CS India have been phoned for assistance and the reply is 'there is fault in the exchange' and then nothing happens - apart from you end the callSmiley Sad  then nothing happens or I am just imagining things?

if you would like some assistance from the forum please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester (MAC users may have problems) http://speedtester.bt.com and post the results .

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
raymie67
Expert
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Lost track of the number of times over the years that the Indians have also told me there is a known fault at the exchange, never is the case and often then told me things that were totally and obviouslly false such as all broadband connections were down and there was I sitting happily connected at the time!!.

It does seem to be a standard refrain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
thebennyboy
Contributor
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Engineer didn't call and nobody showed up, Got a call from BT India this morning saying something. The connection in the call must have been really bad. I could not understand him due to his accent and the call quality was incredibly poor. Would like a mod to help me sort this, its getting a bit silly.

0 Ratings
06jpearce
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution
Today I was told my connection was affected by a service outage errmm no it wasn't I was online!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

have you tried the quiet line test as it sounds like you have a phoneline problem.  if you can get the phone fixed and no noise/crackle then that will help your broadband.  if you hear noise when doing quiet line then phone 151 and report a phone fault NOT a broadband fault

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
thebennyboy
Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Just done quiet line test, no sound at all. Complete silence.

0 Ratings
raymie67
Expert
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

keep checking now and then, could be an intermittent noise

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

if quiet line is ok can you post the hub stats please

0 Ratings
thebennyboy
Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

It is not a speed issue, it just disconnects at random times. Fault got opened but nothing happened and the engineer didn't show up. Anyways, here are the requested stats:

ADSL line status

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 11:39:16
Downstream5,920 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.1
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)6.4 dB / 10.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)32.0 dB / 18.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up)19.7 dBm / 11.9 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)22
Loss of Signal (Local)2
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)152577 / 5
CRC Errors (Down/Up)128 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up)nil / 4
Error Seconds (Local)205

May i add it only disconnects when being used. As for the high uptime, it will start disconnecting when i get onto my desktop machine

0 Ratings