cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Constant disconnects with flashing DSL light

Hi, my Infinity 2 connection has been unusable since last Friday 8th Feb.  I get at the most a few minutes of up time then the connection drops with a flashing DSL light on the Openreach Modem.

I have tried power cycling the hub and modem, changed the cable to the socket and also relocated the modem.

I logged the call with BT on the 9th and on the 11th they marked the job as fixed, but it isnt.

This situation is very frustrating as I rely on my connection heavily for home and vpn to work but there seems to be no progress in a resolve.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Constant disconnects with flashing DSL light

Probably best to contact the mods.  at: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 .  But be aware they take 3 working days to reply: sometimes more if busy. 

Unfortunately, BT often mark things resolved when they aren't.  There is sometimes a button to confirm it is resolved, but not a button to say it isn't.  It doesn't help their customer servce, but it does improve their statistics.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I phoned  the helpline in the end and the guy the other end actually did a line test and found an issue.  Apparently an engineer is booked but cannot come out until 21st Feb!!!  That will be nearly 2 weeks downtime.  I have not had the appointment in confirmed in black or white which is not reassuring either.

Really annoyed as when I had adsl with 02 any issue (which was very rare) got resolved either next day or within the promised 3 days.

I also didn't have to chase them to resolve it and they Defo didn't mark a job as fixed until it actually was.

Not very impressed by BT at all.  I have phone, Bt Vision and Infinity 2 with them so I pay them enough every month.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

How did you relocate the modem?

Regarding the engineers, all providers use Openreach to repair the lines (apart from virgin media cable). When you had a problem before with o2, openreach werent as busy and repair times were short. Now they are stretched thin and repair times are longer than usual. Cant blame bt for that.

0 Ratings