cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Constant errors on BT Sport App on Samsung TV

Hi,

Can somebody please help. I have an 8 month old Samsung Qled TV. Best and most expensive TV I have ever owned. However I cannot watch anything on BT Sport app on the TV without constant VC019 errors. I’ll be watching a game of rugby on replay and it will drop out about 5 times a half. 

It initially starts with the picture freezing and a loading symbol. It then comes up with the VC019 error. 

if I try to use the app to reload, it eventually jams and if I check my TVs internet connection it tells me the TV is not connected to the internet. 

However network stable on all other devices and router lights fine. 

The TV is wired connection to the router and never has less than 62mbs speed. 

If I call my broadband provider they tell me there is nothing wrong with the connections. And if I call Samsung they tell me there is nothing wrong with the TV. 

Please help me, I’m going out of my mind and it makes every viewing experience horrible!

Thanks,

Chris 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Constant errors on BT Sport App on Samsung TV

Hi

you mention" I check my TVs internet connection it tells me the TV is not connected to the internet"

Is this the Samsung( TV ) own Settings  Network you are checking or is it some message you are getting when running the App

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Hi, thanks for the reply. 

It’s when I check the TV’s own network settings, after I’ve had the initial VC019 error on the app. 

the app can sometimes give me BT’s own internet connection error message. But this is only ever after everything else I have mentioned happens. 

Never just on its own. 

timeline of events usually goes:

watching something fine 

bouncing Dots saying loading appear

then VC019 error message 

At this point I check my TVs network status - says not connected. 

in the meantime the BT error saying no network appears in the background behind my tv’s network setting window

after a few attempts my tv reconnects

I reload what I was watching then same thing happens again, maybe 10 minutes later, maybe 90 minutes later. 

but always happens without fail. Have not watched anything, either live or on catchup all year without it happening at least once. 

ive even changed internet provider and doubled my speed. Hasn’t made any difference. If anything it’s worse!

tv was WiFi connected initially. Now wired using plug adapters. Didn’t make a difference. 

Thanks. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

A further question  - which BT Hub or router do you have ?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Have got an EE router. The one they send out as standard with their Fibre broadband 68/72 mbs subscription. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

I don’t have issues with any more of my apps though! Just BT Sport. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

It's because BT have not got their app to work properly. I was told by a bt member that they couldn't invest the same as Netflix and amazon on an app.

I know it's the app that's at fault because if  cast live sports via a Google chromecast I never get any of the issues I get with the BT app on my new Samsung tv

C'mon BT get your finger out

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Which model of Samsung do you have @mike4scuba ? Is it also VC019 you see?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

The tv is a Samsung UE50RU7400 with the latest software

The error message on the screen states something has gone wrong with the video please check Internet connectivity

I check Internet and its fine. Restart the app and a few mins later same issue.

Cast from my phone to tv via chromecast and not a problem

Also Google bt sport app on samsung issues. Let me know when you get through the hundreds of listing for this issue. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

The problem is that someone made a very bad decision a few years ago to use error code VC019 for ALL errors that occur during video playback. Doesn't matter if it's your internet connection, your TV, the video itself - always VC019. I'm gradually convincing the wider team to start breaking it down into specific codes so that we can provide instructions specific to the issue being experienced.

In order for me to see the specific cause of your VC019, can you please send me a DM with your BT ID.
0 Ratings