cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erridgsi
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Constant loss of connection on laptops only

We have been experiencing a significantly anoying problem over the past 2 weeks. The wifi connection between the laptops and the homehub is constantly being disturbed in our house.

We've had no issues, with any other device (tablets, phones etc) however the laptops consitently lose coverage, even when sat directly in from of the hub. 

I have tried troubleshoting this with the BT troubleshooter and this has just confirmed that the connection and line is all in tact. The hub is always blue, which originally made me think that this must be a problem with the laptops. However, for all of these (5 students) to have started experiencing the problem at the same time seems strange.

If anybody else has had a similar experience or can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Best Wishes

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Constant loss of connection on laptops only

Are all the laptops identical?

Have you tried changing the security type on the hub wireless type as a test? Try removing the security al together and see if they stilll lose connection.

What about the wirelss standards? Are all the laptops using the same band type such as B, G, N or AC?

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Constant loss of connection on laptops only

What do you mean by "The homehub is constantly being disturbed in our house"?

0 Ratings