Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idonex
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Constantly losing wireless on HH3

Hi,

I have a HH3 with FTTP and recently have started constantly losing my wireless connection. This affects all PCs with all operating systems and all wireless devices. They all seem to say they're connected still, but there is no access to the internet and i cannot even reach bthomehub.home or ping the default gateway. Throughout this the connection through the ethernet sockets is fine. Sometimes if i disconnect the device and reconnect the connection works again, but more often than not i need to power cycle the router.

The wireless channel does not help, switching channels does not help and the router is set to "Smart" selection.

I had this problem a while ago and was told it was fixed with an update but have not seen anything about HH3 updates recently.

There is nothing new in my house that would cause interference and scanning reveals no new devices in my area from recently saved scans.

Is it likely to be the HH3 giving up? Would a Smart Hub be more stable, or alternatively any other routers that would be a better alternative, i don't need a modem as i have the FFTP modem, so just need something to take in the connection via a Gb ethernet socket.

Cheers

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Constantly losing wireless on HH3

Try a factory reset of the HH by pressing the recessed button with a pin first. Don't even think about getting a Smart hub, any third party router will be far preferable.

0 Ratings
idonex
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks. I did a factory reset and it made no difference. I don't have the strength to talk to BT anymore!

I'll probably just buy a TP Link C9 and some Power Lines for upstairs. I assume i can just plug the ethernet out from the FTTP modem straight into the ethernet in on the router? Nothing special for BT needed?

Cheers!

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Yes, just need username of homehub@btbroadband.com and password BT if the TP Link needs one.

0 Ratings