cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Contract Renewal / Cancellation

Hello, 

I have anytime calls, 78mb infinity, line rental and bt youview coming in at £60 a month. Due previous complaint regarding misselling of a package im no longer in contract for the phone/infinity/line rental and my youview contact ends in may 2015. 

Ive attempted to get a better deal with bt for the lot but they appear to be obsessed with recontracting me for a further 12 months which for the small saving a month offered (£6) isnt worth it. 

ive discussed the option of moving everything else to another provider and just keeping the tv contract open and paying the £10 a month until the end as this would still work out £25 a month cheaper for me but today i have been told that this isnt a option and id be charged £130 to cancel as it would have to be done as a whole. 

can anyone enlighted me if this is correct as i wasnt told this when i signed up for the tv and was told that id be able to reduce the package to a minimal fee and pay it that way. 

as soon as i can ill be saying bye bye bt !

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Contract Renewal / Cancellation

The TV option is not sold as a stand alone deal. It is sold as a "bolt on" package with broadband. If you cancel your broadband your TV has also to be cancelled as it is part of the package. You can however cancel the TV without cancelling your broadband.

This is a link to the cancellation charges

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentF...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

There's no way that BT are going to offer you any kind of discount unless you're willing to agree an new 12 month contract.  That's the way they work.

BT TV is entirely dependent on BT Broadband to deliver it, so you can't have the TV without the broadband.  So if you cancel the broadband, then the TV has to be cancelled as well.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

They are obsessed by contracts. Sky arent any better for pricing but at least they offer reasonable discounts after the initial contract and the call center staff are able to understand any issues. 

i love infinity and find it would be the perfect product if it wasnt supplied by BT. Surely the would realise they are doing something wrong bt the volume of complaints on this site alone.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

infinity is just BT brand name for fibre so you can get the same fibre connection from many other ISPs just called somethin different

By the very nature of forums they are used by customers who are having problems with their service and it is only very few of customers who post on a forum that they are satisfied with the product and service.  Look at any other ISP forum and you willsee exactly the same - many customers complaining about the service and little or none saying how good service is

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings