cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vineta_Pele
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Contract after first 12 months

My 12 months of contract will run at the end of this month. My contract price will almost double for the same product. 

How do I actually contact BT to negotiate if they can offer me another good deal?

Would BT ever offers similar price as for first 12 months?

I am not prepared to pay more actually.

I have asked a consultant for an email link, and when posted my question into email form, it turned out I actually logged a fault :).

Basically I do not want to upgrade - I would rather downgrade. I do not need unlimited internet or any additional extras.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
ruth554422
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Contract after first 12 months

You need to speak to customer options team now as if your contract is expiring at the end of December they will let you negotiate now. Ring 0800 800 150 and tell the automated system you want the customer options team. When you get through tell the operator you would like to know what the best deal they can offer you on a contract renewal would be. You can also discuss any downgrades with customer options.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Phone customer options 0800 800 030
0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

I'd go for the customer options number.  Be prepared to haggle - you don't have to accept their first offer.  Make sure you know what you're agreeing to and how much it will cost before you finally say "yes".  Unfortunately, it seems that they really want to lock people into two year contracts now.

0 Ratings
Vineta_Pele
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Yes, 2 year contract is what's been offered, but not really happy with that.
I am also consider ending the contract.
0 Ratings