Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soon2bx
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Contract end date wrong

Hi

How come Customer services have constantly given out  the same contract BB end date, that suddenly increased by 5 weeks when i wanted a mac code to leave? Don't they both have access to the same information? I have already paid both my phone and BB 3 months in advance from the 3/3/10. Is the charge to get out of the contract upto the point of end? ie will the cost to end my BB contract be only till the actual end without any extra admin cost?

I have been told it now ends on 15/4/10 and I have paid upto 3/6/10. If i wanted to leave now, should I receive my full BB costs back from 15/4/10 through to June, or do they charge some incredulous admin charge? They still get their money upto that date, but knowing BT they will find a way to screw you for more

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Contract end date wrong

you need to give them 1 months notice, so if only asked for the request then they will bill you for month, even if it only takes 10 days to move, and yes you should recieve a refund from BT for april - june.

0 Ratings
Daniel
Expert
Message 3 of 4

The only thing that I can think has possibly happened here is BT tend to let you Re-Contract  to them a few months before your original one ends and you usually get a reduced amount off the bill for doing so. Maybe customer services give you your re contract day i.e. The first day you can take out a new contract with them instead of giving you the day you can end you service with them. This is likely to be a misinterpretation when you telephoned customer care.

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

@Daniel wrote:

The only thing that I can think has possibly happened here is BT tend to let you Re-Contract  to them a few months before your original one ends and you usually get a reduced amount off the bill for doing so. Maybe customer services give you your re contract day i.e. The first day you can take out a new contract with them instead of giving you the day you can end you service with them. This is likely to be a misinterpretation when you telephoned customer care.

if you ring them to sort out a mistake on your bill where they have overcharged you they say they will resolve the issue and refund you, but they then change your contract date without your consent as they did with mine. I phoned in Feb to sort out my bill and my contract ends in June, they then stated they refunded me, but later I found they had also changed my contract to end in Feb 2011.

0 Ratings