cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Redflake
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

Contract end date.

After recieving the email about the latest price rises I have decided to look into leaving BT.

How can I find out when BT think my contract ends.

I say think because I was on a rolling contract and have not recieved a letter saying they where up for renewel.

Phone should have been around July and broadband around October/November.

AS I have not recieved a letter notafing me that the contract was up for renewel I consider myself out of contract.

I was paying £19.99 for broadband, this as now gone up to £23.60 again without notification.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Contract end date.

Hi redflake.

If you are in contract you can find out the dates from here:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

Its Live Chat and is open Mon-Fri 8-9

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 7

Most BT contracts don't auto-renew, and BT don't always contact you to ask if you want to renew.  Remember that the 12 or 18 month "contract" is only a minimum period - the contract doesn't end after that, it just becomes a rolling monthly contract.

The best way to find out when the contract ends/ended is to contact BT and ask.  Or just try to leave and see if (a) they offer you an incentive to stay or (b) they say you will have to pay a penalty for leaving early.

0 Ratings
Ook
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

Ecto most broadband accounts are not ARC however a **bleep** of a lot of landlines are arc.

As for the price hikes its been discussed in a fair few threads where the only notifications bt have provided have been extremely hidden links within links within links or emails that have started falling foul of BT's own spam filter (even if they didnt before)

chase it up with BT as Broadband tends to be rolling contract once it ends , Landlines and landline renewals up untill sept 2011 were mostly ARC.

0 Ratings
trueger1982
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

does vision go onto a rolling monthly contract too?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

So far as I know, the only auto-renewing phone contract is/was the free upgrade offer from free weekend calls to free evening & weekend calls.

Of course, a lot of people would have taken up that offer, since the upgrade to evening & weekend is normally chargeable.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Redflake
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

Called BT and the broadband was out of contract.

They said the phone was in contract till July but I argued that they had not advised me by letter when it last renewed and they agreed no charge.

Will let you know how I get on.

Yes they tried to offer a discount but too late.

0 Ratings