Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 34

Contract nearly up!

Hi, 

Im wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for new packages for me.  I am with BT and have had no end of hassle this year.  I was meant to be on an option 2 package (broadband 40GB, evening and weekends phone and line rental) line rental £14.60, broadband and calls £19.40 with a special offer discount for 12 months minus £9.15 monthly total £24.85. Brilliant I thought for a couple of months.  All of a suddend BT wanted £39.50 per month for exactly the same package.  Ive had numerous conversations with different operatives some say I was on a package deal, and some say I was on a monthly payment.  I requested a package and was told on numerous occasions that £24.85 would be took out of my bank by DD no more or no less.  I would like also to know if I could be entitled to a refund.  2011 I was paying £25 for unlimited broadband, phone and line rental with no problems and thats all that was took out of my bank.  Its really been annoying, as I wouldnt commit to something ridiculously more than what I was paying the previous year when I could have went elsewhere.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

0 Ratings
33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 34

Re: Contract nearly up!

Have you tried the customer options team on 0800 800 030 ?

It does seem odd that your overall bill has gone up.

If you would like to try Live Chat they may be able to help you.

If not, then

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to find out why this has happened, and what payment plan you are on.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 34

Do any of your bills say at the top that your in debit?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 34

@geo1986 wrote:
Do any of your bills say at the top that your in debit?

It should state on the account what option you are on.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 34

Thanks for your help, I have had nothing but very poor service in the last year and want to move to another provider but I can't because BT are the only ISP in my area.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 34

My bills always state my acount is in debit even though I have been paying £39.50 instead of £24.85.  I have never exceeded my broadband limit and have very low phone usage, usually less than £5 a quarter

I am on option 2 package

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 34

You will have paid BT too little in the past, and that's why your direct debit will be higher. May also be because your discounts come to an end. If your bill says your on debit then you will owe BT money.

Monthly payment plans are very complex, I'd recommend going onto whole bill direct debit
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 34

How could I have possably paid too little when the difference between £24.85 and £39.50 is £14.65 and I have never missed a payment?  I was told over the phone this week that my account is £34.60 in credit but when I looked online it was still showing in debit.  The guy even said he would authorise a checque to be sent out for the over payment.  I was a bit miffed at a world leader in communication technology using paper checques lol

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 34

It sounds like you've now caught up. If they've sent you a cheque it means they've switched you to whole bill direct debit (a good move)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 34

I suppose the real question is, how much is Option 2 supposed to cost. That is the only way I can see you sorting this out, if what you are paying is way above what option 2 costs then you should get a refund of some sort, BT will usually credit your account if they owe you money. 

0 Ratings