cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 34

"It sounds like you've now caught up"

Caught up what? I was never ever behind with payments and the £39.50 was taken out my bank account by direct debit

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 34

Re: Contract nearly up!

"I suppose the real question is, how much is Option 2 supposed to cost"

I understood it cost £24.85 because that's what it states:

Line Rental£14.60

Broadband and Calls£19.40
Add BT Vision to your package for great digital TV - www.bt.com/vision
Special offer discount£-9.15
Broadband and Calls 12 months discount
Your monthly total£24.85 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 34

If they've sent you a cheque then they've already credited you back the overpayment?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 34

"If they've sent you a cheque then they've already credited you back the overpayment?"

No they haven't.  I have received no checque, the guy "said" he would send it.  There's a big difference!!

12 months x £39.50 = £474

12 months x £24.85 = £298.20

£474 - 298.20 = £175.80

£175.80 - £34.60 = £141.20

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 34

I'd ask the mods to check it if you think it's wrong. Normal process I think is to put the money directly back into your account rather than send a cheque, if you have a direct debit set up
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 34

The guy who I spoke to was trying to talk me out of leaving BT when I rang for a MAC so there's probably not a checque in the post lol.  My contract expires in Jan 13 but I can't change provider because I live very rural and there's no other ISPs cover this area, I've been looking for a month.  I can get a phone deal but not broadband.  That 's probably why they always promise the earth and deliver nothing then charge me more

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 34

Yeah but the mods on this forum (who Keith messaged about earlier) can explain your bills and see if there is a problem

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 34

I've sent my details and a message to the BT care team via the link he left but I've been trying to get this sorted for a year so not holding my breath.  I'm more interested in a new contract and not having my eyeballs and sockets ripped out by forky toungue sales people who know I can't switch providers.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 34

I've just found a letter from May 2012 stating my payments rose to £39.50 because I am using "more than before."  I have never exceeded the 40GB limit, my phone usage averages at £2.37 per month and my account was in credit before this letter.  There was no reason to increase my payment as what I was paying was covering my usage and keeping my account in credit. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 34

If you login to your BT account, under the usage monitor there should be a record of emails stating "Total usage is now over x amount GB. Advisory email sent to you@btinterent.com... That's IF you exceeded the limit. 

0 Ratings