Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 34

Re: Contract nearly up!

I have NEVER exceeded the limit.  My limit is 40GB and my average is 25.96GB

"You don't need to do anything. Even though your monthly payments don't quite cover your charges, we'll still only take £39.50 on or just after the 27th day of each month."

Not happy charging me £39.50 when they stated my total monthly charge would be £24.85, they still insist it's not enough even though my account is in credit.  It's a joke.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 34

Hi  Jwm

I am sorry to see you are having problems

I suggest you contact live chat at this link they should be able to help you

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 34

I have NEVER exceeded the limit.  My limit is 40GB and my average is 25.96GB   

I never said you did, BT said that. I am saying you can prove you have not exceeded the limit by looking at your account under the usage monitor. BT sends a couple of warning emails when you get near the limit and when you exceed it, which if true then there should be a record of this on your account.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 34

Just wait until the mods get back to you. They'll be able to explain if your bills right or wrong and if your not happy with the answer let us know
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 34

"I am sorry to see you are having problems"

I've been having problems for 12 months, spoke to several people, contacted the BT help team who seem to have ignored me, not even a confirmation email.  I even made a complaint via a letter and they still continue to fleece my bank account, probably because I can't change my broadband provider.  One of the team who I spoke to last week tried to trick me into a new contract. I emailed him twice after and he completely ignored me but that's the service I''m used to from BT.  If it's not sorted by the new year when my package expires, I'm contacting the OFT to see if BT will explain to them why I pay so much and why I get ignored when I ask why. 

"Just wati until the mods get back to you."

Please see above.  It's a pity the mods aren't as responsive as the members.  Thanks anyway tho'.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 34

This is from a letter I wrote last May asking why my payments have to increase.

The bill document states that you need to raise my monthly payments from £28.50 to £39.50 because I am using “more than before”. I would be very grateful if you could explain what is “more than before” as my records show I have not exceeded the 40G broadband limit and my telephone usage was only £7.10, or less than £2.37 per month for the whole billing period. Please note that the balance from my previous bill was in credit.

It is clear to me that my monthly payment of £28.50 covers my usage and there is no need whatsoever to increase my monthly payment. If you still think it should be increased, could you please explain in writing as soon as possible stating why you think it should be increased and highlight why you think my usage has increased when it clearly has not. I look forward to hearing from you.

I'm still waiting for a reply

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 34

It is unusual for an offer to extend for the duration of a contract. I think what has happened is, the discount was an introductory offer which only lasted for the first 3 months or so. 

Assuming that is the case, what you are paying now is about right. The only way to sort this is to provide BT with a copy of your contract showing the offer was for the duration.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 34

No one on the forum can really help you at this point as we don't know why your account went into debit, short of you uploading all your bills! I'm unclear if you've contacted the mod team on this forum, but they've had great feedback today from another user.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 34

"It is unusual for an offer to extend for the duration of a contract."

Line Rental£14.60

Broadband and Calls£19.40
Add BT Vision to your package for great digital TV - www.bt.com/vision
Special offer discount£-9.15
Broadband and Calls 12 months discount

It's the bit in red

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 34

"No one on the forum can really help you at this point as we don't know why your account went into debit, short of you uploading all your bills! I'm unclear if you've contacted the mod team on this forum, but they've had great feedback today from another user."

I took the contract because I was told I would pay £24.85 per month for broadband and calls.  It went up to £28.50 then it went up to £39.50.  The only reason they gave for the increases was that I was "USING MORE"

My telephone usage has always been vey low and I have NEVER exceeded my broadband download allowance.  The amount I paid WAS covering my usage but it was still increased.  

Your monthly charges
Line Rental£14.60

Broadband and Calls£19.40
Add BT Vision to your package for great digital TV - www.bt.com/vision
Special offer discount£-9.15
Broadband and Calls 12 months discount
Your monthly total£24.85 

See up there ^^^^, my monthly charges and my monthly total.  They have been increased because "I am using more" but I am not using any more and my monthly payment WAS covering my usage.

I've been trying for a whole year to get it sorted by phone and letter.  I've had no response to the message I sent to the Care Team.  The only thing BT don't ignore is the monthly money grab

0 Ratings