cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 22

Contract renewed but length of contract different to what was agreed

Go to solution

I have just negotiated a contract renewal with the Options Team. I went to greal lengths to explain that I did not want an 18 month contract as this would give problems with BT Privacy & Caller Display.

At first the offer for a 12 month contract was too high but after saying that I wasn't interested, the Customer Rep managed to do something which gave me a slightly lower price than I had been paying and importantly it was for 12 months. He did explain that the initial order going through would show the wrong details but the price would be sorted out for my Bill.  Fair enough if this happens ok and he did ensure me that it would happen. He also read out the note he was sending to the "offline team".

However I'm more concerned at the moment about the contract length as the email and Track Order all mention an 18 month contract and not the agreed 12 month contract.

How do I ensure that I have a contract at the agreed price and length?

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 22

Re: Contract renewed but length of contract different to what was agreed

Go to solution

Ring the Options team back to check and if necessary get things sorted. You may have been mislead by the rep as it won't be sorted out for your bill as the details in the email should confirm what was agreed. If necessary you may have to ask to speak to a manager to get things sorted.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 22

Go to solution

Ok phoned them again. I've been assured that it will be fine once it's adjusted as it's an offline deal.

Would still rather have it all in writing properly but hope there will not be an issue.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution

I personally wouldn't be happy with the response given as I have always received an email from the Options team correctly detailing what was agreed within minutes of recontracting.

It seems strange that an offline team is involved.

I admit that I am very cynical about what you get told and even confirmed in emails from past experience even when dealing with the complaints dept.

Maybe the Mods could confirm that this is not an unusual event.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 22

Go to solution

Thanks Conrad. I will be very angry if I have been misled as i checked it over quite a few times before agreeing to it.

The person I just spoke to said that it was not a normal deal I had been given and contacted the person who had given the deal. She then came back to tell me that all would be fine once the readjustment was done.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution

Hi @jem16 What @conrad is saying is correct. I would expect any offline correction to have been made and confirmed back for you. 

Drop us over your details and we will be happy to help get this resolved for you. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution

Thank you John.

He dictated the note he was sending to the offline team and did tell me that the initail email would be wrong so so far what he has said has happened. Would it take time for the adjustment to happen though?

The guy sounded very genuine and said he had been doing this for 15 years and assured me it would all be fine. Don't want him getting into bother for doing what he promised but I also don't want a problem.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution

Hi @jem16 Thanks for posting back. Drop us over the details and we will check. He may have all arranged to be corrected for you but when we get your details we will check for you and if all is in place we will be able to reassure you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 9 of 22

Go to solution

Thanks John.

Email now sent to you as requested.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution

Just wondering what is happening with this please as it's now a week since the contract was renegotiated and still no adjustment has taken place?

Pleased to receive a phone call from John on Friday saying he would look into it and get back to me by Tuesday but unfortunately I have heard nothing.

I would appreciate an update as I'm beginning to have doubts over this now.

0 Ratings