cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Copper broadband service poor

Have a recently installed copper broadband with POOR speeds. BT speed test and call centres give me download speeds of 1MB every time without fail but 3rd party speed tests showing significantly less - is this a common issue with BT copper broadband? Also, I have neighbours only 50ft away who have fibre access but I'm told I cannot get fibre??
Any suggestions to remedy the issues or alternate service providers welcomed as I work from home and the current solution just ain't working! Thank you.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Copper broadband service poor

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

are you using the test socket with filter to see if that helps?

can you post the adsl stats from your router

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Hi @drpabrahams,

How are things with your connection. 

Please can you post that information suggested by @imjolly?

This will give us a good indication of how you connection is performing and also what it was estimated to achieve.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Hi Paddy, I think below is what you're looking for?

ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Left in JumperOther Offerings     Availability Date   Premise environmentStatus
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 2--1 to 3Available---- 
ADSL MaxUp to 1--0.25 to 2Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate1 ----Available---- 
Fixed Rate1 ----Available---- 
BETUp to 2----Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapU      
VRI--      
NTEFaceplate--      
Last Test Date--      

This is is with my laptop connected via LAN directly into the Hub and the Hub directly into the main socket with filter. I have also been running regular random BT speed tests through my mobile phone and comparing these with a Google Broadband speed test. Granted this is over Wifi but I'm generally sitting next to the hub when I run the tests. I've included this mornings tests below. It's funny how BT ALWAYS comes up with a download speed of 1Mbps - either misleading or they're rounding up to the nearest MB!

IMG_9513.PNG

IMG_9514.PNG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

can you post the stats from your router please  if hub which version are you using?

the files you posted do not work  you need to follow this https://community.bt.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/images#images

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings