Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thebiznes
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 14

Cornish Speeds dropping in the evenings and weekends

speed.png

I'm on fTTP and in the evenings speed is beginning to drop quite dramatically. I know others are suffering more in other parts of the country, but is this the way the service is going to go? Are we already reaching over subscribed or too many torrenting.?

I am 76 mb package. Upload always has been good. Which is great for my business. it's usually 19.12mb odd. I rarely download, but playing games and sometimes browsing in the evenings dns resolution is suffering and you can feel the traffic in game on the line.

I would like to raise this speed decrease apart from strange routing issues when I first got BT infinity where they routed traffic all over the country which they still do and pings were suffering.I think it was more of a blancing issue over the 2 cores BT sorted it eventually and it wasn't an iissue anymore. The connection has been very good overall with Infinity.

One thing they are trying to do now is force fibre telephone on us. I don't want this as we have just redecorated and the modem is no where near the old master socket. Also we have many power cuts here I want to remain on the old copper serviice. 

I would like to give BT the chance to again prove they can solve the issue of speed and perhaps not force customers onto a telephone service over fibre. 

If all else fails I will retuirn to Sky if I am forced to change to something I don't want. I would like the choice to change back to Sky at some point even on a 2mb connection gaming was better although I would miss the upload. 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
PaddyB
Message 2 of 14

Re: Cornish Speeds dropping in the evenings and weekends

Hi Thebiznes,

Thank you for posting. Would you be able to run the BT Speed test using http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ when you notice the slow down? You will need to run the "Further Diagnostics" once the first test completes. Once you have run that test please post back the results.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 14

Is your connection wired or wireless to your hub? Sounds like you have some form of interference on the connection.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
thebiznes
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 14

I am wired and it's not my end it's consitantly evenings and weekends.

bt.jpg

test.jpg

It wouldn't let me run furtehr diagnostics needs a code like I used last time because FTTP postcode doesn't work.

0 Ratings
thebiznes
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 14

Monday morning 8.30 people just starting to work so speed down a bit, but really back to normal.

speed.jpg

0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 14

Those results look very slow for FTTP, looks more like FTTC.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
thebiznes
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 14

Tonight is really bad. This is on FTTP 76mb connection BT Infinity 2.

19feb.jpg

0 Ratings
thebiznes
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 14

Sunday evening and BT please sort evening and weekends out. It isn't much fun trying to play a game when you can feel the drag of contention on the line, and no hit reg. It used to be sort of OK, and playable but 2mb adsl was better.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

could you please post the further diagnostics part of the speedtest as asked for
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 10 of 14

He's already stated above he can't run it John.

0 Ratings