Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
disillusioned
Contributor
Message 1 of 20

Cornwalls SUPER-FAST Connection ?!

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can see a proposed progress chart of the works being carried out on the Super Fast Cornwall system please ?

Some of you will know, that some of the first recipients of the system are already up'n'running, but I can't find out when my area might join it.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
disillusioned
Contributor
Message 2 of 20

Re: Cornwalls SUPER-FAST Connection ?!

any ideas please ?

0 Ratings
LindaS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 20

You can't yet. At the end of May (supposedly) they're going to put up the full schedule of where/when it's going to be enabled around Cornwall from 2011-2014.

0 Ratings
disillusioned
Contributor
Message 4 of 20

Thanks Linda.

You local ?

Any idea where they be publishing the info ?

Ta

0 Ratings
LindaS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 20

Yeah, at the moment we're in St Agnes which recently got activated as one of the 8 test exchanges... unfortunately I'm just moving house to another area in Cornwall that only gets 0.5mbit compared to the 37.5mbit in St Agnes Smiley Sad.

The schedule should be posted on the superfast cornwall website later in the month http://www.superfastcornwall.org/news.html, their site says:

Eight pilot areas now have superfast broadband (Three Waters, Leedstown, St Agnes, Portreath, St Day, Devoran, Stenalees and Par)
The timetable for rolling out superfast broadband across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly will be announced in May 2011.

0 Ratings
Dean78
Contributor
Message 6 of 20

I live in ST Austell which doe snot have any dates listed for Infiinity but PAR just down the road has been connected.  Must be nice for the people in the outer areas to start getting some nice speeds.  Although it does seem odd the some of the towns are also being left out.

0 Ratings
thekernowman
Contributor
Message 7 of 20

Spoke to Openreach chaps today working on the new Fibre and new/old box at top of Edgcumbe Rd.

Been work going on for week or so now. They think that BT will probably put into use in 6 to eight weeks.

So if you live in this area you may be lucky soon.

Tom

0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 20

Will Devon be next on the list ? Smiley Happy

Del.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 20

@Dean78 wrote:

I live in ST Austell which doe snot have any dates listed for Infiinity but PAR just down the road has been connected.  Must be nice for the people in the outer areas to start getting some nice speeds.  Although it does seem odd the some of the towns are also being left out.

The list is up at:

http://www.superfastcornwall.org/can-i-get-broadband.html

ST Austell by March 2012

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Dean78
Contributor
Message 10 of 20

Wow what a coincidense hehe, I live just off of edgcumbe road in one of the closes.  I wonder if my cab would be the one in question.  Although my postcode and telephone number on the infiinty checker say that that there are no plans for infinity in my area for the next 6 months 😞

0 Ratings