Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 21 of 41

Re: Correcting incorrect home address in Openreach database

Go to solution

Paddy, I am having the same problem with the incorrect Post Code in Openreach, I have had a converstaion with Openreach and they insist only BT can have it changed using THE ORDI process System !

Can You help please ?

Regards  Pat Prendergast

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 22 of 41

Go to solution

Hi @prendey1,

Are you trying to order services with us or another company? Are you looking for a business or a residential service? The ordi process normally takes 5 working days to work. It can take longer though especially with the Bank Holiday on Monday.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 23 of 41

Go to solution

I have a BT service with the full package, telephone, BB fibr, TV, Mob and I  want to move elswhere, can't go because as it says in my Email, Openreach has an old Postcode in their system and BT has another ( the Post Office changed it about 4 years ago )

As I said Openreach needs an instruction from BT to change to the correct Post Code, Can Help please as I have been going round is circles for a week ?

Regards Pat Prendergast

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 24 of 41

Go to solution

Hi @prendey1,

We can do it for you surely. I've recently done it so I know it works. Just remember the timescales it takes. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. With the weekend and Bank Holiday it may take longer than normal for us to respond.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 25 of 41

Go to solution

Hi - can one of the mods please let me have the 'contact the mods' link as I have a similar issue - I need to change the Openreach address on my recently bought house to one that the Royal Mail recognises.  My new hub has just been returned to BT as sender as they say the address doesnt exist.  Cheers

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 26 of 41

Go to solution

@colinpollock You'll see the link now if you click on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 27 of 41

Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I am also having the same issue with the wrong address in the OpenReach database. I just moved to a flat and no Internet company can put an order through OpenREach because they can never find the correct address.

Can I have a mod to help me on this, please?

Thank you,

Silas.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 28 of 41

Go to solution

Hi @silasrp,

Welcome to the community forum and thank you for posting. 

I'll be able to help get your address details corrected. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 29 of 41

Go to solution

Our address is showing incorrectly on the Openreach database we had Openreach installed last October and our address is still showing as having no fibre and our current fibre account with Sky is logged under an unknown other address now I am unable to change provider as noone can find our account. Sky are unwilling to help. Any help would be appreciated

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 30 of 41

Go to solution

I have the same issue.

Moved in to new flat and installed line via TenTel with Openreach - on the day of installation, for some reason Openreach came to the next door house but called on my mobile so I found them standing next door. They came and installed line which works fine.  A few months later I try to move to Zen (I'm on a month-to-month contract with TenTel) so I can upgrade to fibre broadband, but Zen tell me they can't complete the move because my number is - coincidentally - registered to next door with OpenReach (I think they said something about an 'address line key').  Zen initially told me to speak to TenTel but TenTel said there was nothing wrong and nothing to correct and would do nothing more.  Eventually Zen told me they'd be prepared to try to take over the line anyway, and get the problem fixed after having done so, but now couldn't guarantee me fibre (the whole purpose of moving) if the line take-over succeeded, and yet woudl still lock me in to a 12-month contract even if fibre wasn't available, and that they couldn't fix the Openreach record problem until they had taken over the line...

I'd like just to get Openreach just to correct the record for me so that I can have a free choice of replacement provider to move to without all these mistaken address problems.

Please could someone help me?

Thank you.

0 Ratings