Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 15

Re: Cost of Unlimited Broadband Package

You can try the Options Team at 0800.800.030 but I don't think you will be able to leave without penalty because, assuming you did get notified in some shape or form, you had to apply to leave within 10 days although I think they may now say 30 days, of receipt of the notification.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 15

I will contact them thanks as I certainly wasn't notified even when I last spoke with the call centre they admit that not all customers were notified so It shouldn't be a problem unless they can prove I was notified and failed to respond.
Thanks for your help
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 15

my understanding was if i sign a contract with bt for £16 month for 18 months, they cannot raise the price as the contract stated £16 month, that was the agreement, other wise they could sign you up for 18 months and 1 month in hack the prices up to anything they wanted ??? aint that illegal ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 15

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 15

@DesStewart wrote:

my understanding was if i sign a contract with bt for £16 month for 18 months, they cannot raise the price as the contract stated £16 month, that was the agreement, other wise they could sign you up for 18 months and 1 month in hack the prices up to anything they wanted ??? aint that illegal ?

If you started your contract before 23rd Jan 2014, under the "rules" of your contract  ISPs could increase prices mid contract as long as the increase is not massive detriment to the customer. As from 21rd January 2014 here are now "new rules" that the customer is to be given the option to end the contract without penalty if there is a  mid contract increase.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/oct/23/ofcom-price-rises-fixed-phone-contracts

0 Ratings