Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScottX1
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Cost of calls in Europe

Go to solution

Thinking of moving to BT Mobile but would expect to use frequently from Europe.

If I make a call using BT Mobile from France (Zone 3) back to a UK landline, according to the pricing information, this will cost £1.40 / minute.

Is that really correct?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
DaveJFT
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cost of calls in Europe

Go to solution

Hi,

You don't explicitly state this but I'm assuming you mean you will be calling back to the UK of within Zone 3 (most of Europe) so I think you're applying the wrong zoning table to the charges. According to the tariff guide here the International Roaming Zones (page 36) apply. This puts France in Zone 1a and you will be charged 18.8p/minute.

The International Zones (page 34) apply to when you are calling out of the UK on your BT Mobile to another country when the charges on Page 33 (top right) apply.

HTH

Dave

0 Ratings
DaveJFT
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Ignore this post.

0 Ratings
DaveJFT
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Ignore this post too!

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

if you have smarttalk app installed then if you can get a wifi signal when abroad then you can phone the uk using the app and charges are based on your uk calling package

when I go to France and phone home using the app and my friends wifi then as I have the unlimited anytime phone package I can phone anywhere in uk for free

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
voxish
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

If 3 network can do 'use like at home' in Europe to avoid data charges which cost 2000x as much as they should why not the other providers?  Since last year I've taken a 3 payg sim travelling in France and it's such a liberation not having to worry about usurous mobile providers helping themselves to a huge amount of money for a service which framkly does not cost them 2000 times more to provide in France as in the UK.

You can't always rely on wifi especially in rural areas which is why 3G data is so handy (as in the UK).  People will not stand for being ripped off by mobile providers for much longer - I accept that they aren't charities but they have to charge a fair amount.

0 Ratings