I can't make a definite connection between two events that happened around the same time but maybe somebody can.
I have a Siemens Gigaset C475 cordless phone with answerphone in the base station which worked fine for a long time when the base station was connected to an extension socket in my kitchen from which I also took my "slow" BT Broadband connection for my homehub.
Around the time that I had BT Infinity installed (master socket replaced in front of house and wired directly through to new box in kitchen from which DSL is connected to new "OpenReach" box and on to new home hub, phone still connected through original extension socket) the answerphone stopped working. Although definitely activated and definitely with recording space available it stopped cuttin in, so incoming calls just ring and riung if not manually answered. I tried everything I could think of to fix the phone base station and failed and so bought a new one (same model) whiuch I have connected tonight and found....the same problem.
Is it possible that some connection has been broken in the upgrade that has caused the answerphone not to work? I would appreciarte any ideas on this.
Solved! Go to Solution.
For what it's worth I have a Siemens Gigaset with answerphone and I've just had Infinity installed and all appears to be working OK. Only difference seems to be that my phone is connected to the new master socket and not an extension.
However, it's difficult to see why the answer phone is not working if you can make and receive calls. Surely the answerphone is dependent on the software/firmware in the Gigaset base?
The phones are working perfectly to make and receive calls, irrespective of whether or not the answering facility on the base station is set to ON.
Thank you for taking an interest and trying to help.
See my earlier post - my Gigaset works just fine so the fault is not with Gigaset units generally - just the OP's!
Have you removed the filter, and is the bell wire disconnected. Not sure with this set but some need the bell wire to receive the ringing current that trips the answer facility. Either reconnect the bell wire or refit a filter may cure your problem.
I have the bellwire disconnected on my Gigaset and as I have stated above all works just fine - but who knows, might be worth a try for the OP.