cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
serbusfish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Could someone explain line rental charge?

Go to solution

I was looking at BT Infinity deals and saw that it costs £26 a month which is a good price for up to 76mb speed, however it also says you have to pay £15.99 line rental too. So its not £26 its £41.99!

Is this correct? I have been with my current provider for nearly 2 years and all I have to pay is £15 a month for the service, no line rental rubbish.

Our house already has BT phone service, surely that is what the line rental thing is?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
ernie_c
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Could someone explain line rental charge?

Go to solution
If you already have a telephone line then you are already paying the line rental charge. You don't have to pay this a second time to get broadband.
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Your line rental is what you presently pay for your phone line rental. It is not over and above that. You would continue to pay for that and add on the broadband cost of £26 or what ever it is giving you a total cost of £41.99. ie. no extra line rental.

You will find that all ISP's that use the phone lines to deliver broadband will have in their small print that a phone line is needed which means you would be paying the £15.99 with them as well either directly or by having to pay BT for the phone line as you are doing now.

serbusfish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
Ah right I see. That's good then, thanks!
0 Ratings