cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Customer2011
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Couple of hypothetical queries

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentF...

Above is the page listing the charges for hold to term. My questions are:

If I cancel my contract (which runs out 23 July 2012) on 16 January 2012, in time for the 17 January 2012 quarterly bill, and given that I have the bt package option 2 broadband with weekend calls and bt vision box only, am I right in assuming the following:

I will pay 6 x £11.50 + 1 week at around £2.60 to take it up to 23rd July 2012, plus a £30 cancellation charge if I don't use a MAC code. I will therefore pay £69 + £2.60 + £30 = £101.60 approximately.

On 17 January it will be a final termination bill with the October - January costs plus the January - July cancellation costs.

On a seperate note, I don't use my BT Vision box. When I cancel the contract does anyone know if this needs returning? At the moment it's just sitting in a drawer and I don't want to get rid of it then get told I have to return it.

Thanks in advance for your help everyone, this is just a hypothetical thing I am considering at the moment, just wanted to know what the costs would be if I went ahead with it.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Couple of hypothetical queries

i would advise you to try one of your links:) and contact billing live help they should be able to advise you for certain
0 Ratings
Customer2011
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

I have contacted the mods to confirm this, hopefully when my next (and final) bill comes through I should be pretty much at zero as I'm in a fair bit of credit and these charges should be covered 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

@Customer2011 wrote:

I have contacted the mods to confirm this, hopefully when my next (and final) bill comes through I should be pretty much at zero as I'm in a fair bit of credit and these charges should be covered 🙂

aaahh, but will they use the credit you have accumalated to pay of the cancellation charge.

Or will they hold on to the credit untill you pay the cancellation charges, and then and only then, re-emburse you the credit a month laterSmiley Wink

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Customer2011
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Don't talk it up toekneem! lol It should just go on the final bill, I'm certainly not gonna pay BT money simply so they can send it back! lol

0 Ratings