cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 15

Re: Crackling Phone Line - BT Say It's Internal Wiring - Help!!

Please keep us posted
0 Ratings
brianpyeforum
Beginner
Message 12 of 15

Strange that... I experienced exactly the same problem with exactly the same outcome! Of some comfort I hope?
0 Ratings
ajwilliams
Beginner
Message 13 of 15

This is a very interesting thread.  It explains exactly the issue I am trying to resolve.

We have a bad crackle on the line, it gets better and worse at varying times. It is there even when plugged into the master test socket and we have suffered a significant reduction in broadband speed & reliability (from BT). It was 3.25mb and stable, it is now under 500mb and drops out for at least 50% of the day.

The entire system is untouched and has worked fine for 18 months.  Home Hub 4 has been wonderful.

All this came about during a very heavy rainstorm on Monday afternoon.  The broadband stopped working during the storm and the phone line was bad first time it was used about 30 minutes later.

BT India say there is no fault on their system (although they could hear the bad crackle & had to call me back on my mobile!). I explained that I had spent 3 hours going through all their diagnostic suggestions without an improvement, so......

Engineer booked for tomorrow PM, can't wait to hear the outcome and if it resembles what happened above me in this thread. It would be fascinating to know if the two people with the problem were billed for the engineer visit???

0 Ratings
Kara84
Beginner
Message 14 of 15

Hi there, I know it's over a year since this post but I've had the exact same problem as you have described above. I'm debating whether to pay for an engineer to call? Ipowelllap did you get charged after? Also ajwilliams did they find a fault on the line after with yours? Really feel like tearing my hair out!!
0 Ratings
lpowelllap
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 15

Hi Kara84 - I didn't get charged which I suppose is an acceptance on BT's part that there was in fact a fault. Good luck with solving your problem!
0 Ratings