cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Crackling on the line

We have three Gigaset C620 cordless handsets that we use with our BT landline. We don't use our landline often but it is important that it functions properly when used. Over the last few weeks there has been a crackling noise. Initially it was just irritating but last night it was so loud and intrusive that I could not hear what the caller was saying. I had to use my mobile phone to ring them back. Normally, reception isn't bad. What actions do I need to take to try to resolve this issue?  (We use BT Broadband and have a Smart Hub 2, with Halo 2, if that is relevant.)

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Crackling on the line

phone 151 or 0800800151 from mobile and report phone fault not broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for this advice. I will try it a bit later.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I worked through the initial steps on the BT Troubleshooter for phone problems. I was told it wasn't problems with the line. I disconnected the hub and 2 handsets and just had a single handset connected. No crackling. Reconnected everything and still no crackling. So the problem seems to have been resolved, although no connections had been loose so I'm none the wiser as to why it occurred in the first place!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Just post back if it happens again

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 6

Thank you.  Hopefully, it's all going to be fine now. Ever the optimist!

0 Ratings