cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gareth123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 24

Crackling phone line and loss of broadband

Hi.I have an intermittent  fault on my phone line.There is a bad crackling on the line and sometimes I lose broadband  connection.This may happen a few times a day or every other day.I have done a line test but it found no fault.I have contacted bt about 3 times and they did find a fault and sent an engineer  out,but he found no fault.Last time and engineer was supposed to come they didn't. What a terrible service.Everytime, I speak to a foreign  person who doesn't have a clue and says the same thing,that it will be sorted,but it hasn't. Does anyone have any ideas how to get bt to actually  fix my fault. 

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 24

Re: Crackling phone line and loss of broadband

Have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 you should hear no noise if you can hear noise then it needs reporting to BT faults on 151 with no mention of broadband in the call
0 Ratings
gareth123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 24

Thanks for that.Just tried it and there is noise.As I said earlier,everytime I contact bt they say there is no fault,but I know that there is one.I'll  just have to keep ringing them or keep booking an engineer. Their service is shocking.Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 24

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 5 of 24

Hi @gareth123,

It sounds like there could be a high resistance fault on the line. I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 6 of 24

Hi @gareth123

I tried calling you back today, sorry to have missed you.  There wasn't an option to leave a message.

The reason for my call was to let you know that remote tests aren't picking up an issue so we will need to arrange an engineer's appointment.  Can you drop me a reply to let me know when suits for the engineer?

I'll set this to call you again on Wednesday if I haven't heard any word back from you by then.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
gareth123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 24

Hi.Thanks for the reply.My wife will be home on Wednesday and Thursday. Any time is convenient. In regards to the engineers visit,I have just been charged on my bill for an engineers visit in April.This was for the same problem I reported.The advisor told me there was an amber fault and arranged an engineer.He couldn't find a fault and I have been charged for it.This is wrong.Please can you look into this and arrange for it to be taken off my bill.
The intermittent fault is still there as I could hardly hear someone on the phone on Saturday due to the crackling.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Gareth.
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 8 of 24

Hi @gareth123,

Thanks for posting. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. @RobbieMac is dealing with this and will be in touch tomorrow. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
gareth123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 24

OK. Thanks.I was just about to contact you again to see what was happening.
Thanks
Gareth.
0 Ratings
gareth123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 24

Hi. I appreciate the moderators are busy,but as of yet I haven't received any contact from RobbieMac as promised yesterday.Although my wife did receive a call from a foreign BT worker today who was phoning about the fault i reported about 2 weeks ago.He wanted to do a line test then noticed that this has been done before.He wanted to send an engineer,but my wife said no,as I have been charged £130 for the last one that came, and found no fault,even though I was told there was one by the British call centre employee previously.I'm not too sure at the moment who exactly is looking at my fault.
I look forward to hearing from someone soon as I would like to get the fault fixed and get a refund before I go on holidays in a fortnight.
Regards Gareth.
0 Ratings