cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bumblebee81
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Credit referrals team

My neighbour recently purchased bt broadband and phone line. I told her at the time that bt do not accept people with ccjs that aren't satisfied. Anyway a few days passed and turned out her order for bt had been accepted. Obviously I was quite annoyed as mine had been turned down. I believe in keeping things fair for everyone, right? She has ccjs and a terrible credit rating. Mines not perfect either. So how come she orders it and it's accepted yet I have a similar situation for ccjs and mines turned down? Hers should be cancelled. I've spoken to bt about this. They seemed to be concerned but I can guarantee they don't do anything about it.
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Credit referrals team

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go to BT although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read
0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 10

@john46 wrote:
This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go to BT although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read ...

... and even if they were you wouldn't get anywhere. Companies do not discuss their credit check policies, especially in a case of sour grapes where someone is aiming to get a customer disconnected.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Bumblebee81
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

There's no sour grapes. Bt are hardly being fair are they? The credit referrals team even said her purchase should not of even gone thru
0 Ratings
Neil1
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 10

Presumably, you and BT were talking generically - not specifically about your neighbour?

There may be something about her situation that is different from yours. Or, maybe, BT did make a mistake. It doesn't change your position, though.

0 Ratings
Bumblebee81
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

We were talking generically wasn't specific about her. The initial conversation was about my order. It was a question I asked them as to why hers went thru and mine didn't. I told them I wasn't wanting to discuss her account but he went into more detail than he should have!

She has openly discussed her situation with me as have I and they are both similar especially with the ccjs. I don't want anything to change my position, i just think things should be kept fairly.
0 Ratings
Neil1
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 10

@Bumblebee81 wrote:
We were talking generically wasn't specific about her. The initial conversation was about my order. It was a question I asked them as to why hers went thru and mine didn't. I told them I wasn't wanting to discuss her account but he went into more detail than he should have!

She has openly discussed her situation with me as have I and they are both similar especially with the ccjs. I don't want anything to change my position, i just think things should be kept fairly.

I have to say that doesn’t sound right at all. The way your post reads (sorry if I am wrong) you were discussing her by name. I don’t see how the adviser could talk to you about her and her account without explicit authority from her.

I do advice volunteering and it’s amazing how many clients come in and comment on/ complain about /compare with someone else and their situation. We always try to get them to concentrate on their own issues. There is rarely anything you can do about it and it can eat you up!

Bumblebee81
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Sorry, sometimes when I get frustrated or upset, I don't make sense! Haha. No the conversation was about my order but I did say to them so why has my neighbours order been accepted, definitely didn't mention her name. The chap from the credit referrals team openly admitted hers should not of been accepted.

Yeah we always compare ourselves with others. She has no job she doesn't have the enthusiasm to even get a job and she still manages to afford all this nice stuff and always lands on her feet. I work 30-40 hrs a week and can afford naff all (I'm sure there's others in the same boat) this has nothing to do with the issue of bt though.
0 Ratings
Neil1
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 10

I don’t see how the guy from credit referrals could possibly say that your neighbour’s order shouldn’t have been accepted. He didn’t know the details

I rather suspect that he was agreeing with you for a quiet life. Honestly, just concentrate on your own issues.

Bumblebee81
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

I asked the guy from credit referrals why hers had been accepted when she had ccjs also. He didn't have to say anything he could of said I can't comment or whatever. Saying what he said wasn't going to get him a quiet life really. You know if someone had a similar issue to mine and he said that to them I doubt they would go quietly.
0 Ratings