cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Texas_Gore
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Cricket & F1 please!

Like the title says - let's have some sport for those who have no interest in soccer, rugby or tennis.

- Full coverage cricket

- Full coverage F1

Please, pretty please with cherries 🙂

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
carlj64
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cricket & F1 please!

Not sure Sky will be willing to allow their rights/channels to go without a fight

0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 3 of 5

Cricket no Sky will hang on to that. F1 is losing viewers big time since it's gone to PPV and it's now starting to affect the teams own sponsorship deals as they want to low their prices due to the fact of these lost viewers. The biggest thing in favour for the teams was F1 ran on FTA and the sponsor were more than happy to pay the big bucks but as more races are on PPV tv than FTA tv then they want a reduction.

So unless BT Sport can offer FTA then I'm not sure how they can go in for F1.

0 Ratings
FearlessFred
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

If BT are in this for the long haul, as they state, then I would guess that over time they will look at each of the rights packages when they come up for tender. They'll have to dcide if it's worth the amount in order to row their install base/platform. Sadly, I would think that they will concentrate on Football at the moment, as that is the real draw.

0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 5 of 5

FF,

I agree if BT are in for the longhaul then they will look at rights over time which means it should be better for customers all around provided thety don't statr shelling out crazy money for rights which can happen.

0 Ratings