cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pernes
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Current prices

As a long term customer of BT I can't tell you how incensed I am that you would rather that I terminated my services with you and sign up with a new provider than offer me a cheaper package.

When reviewing my current charges I see you are offering new customers offers that you won't match for existing customers, when speaking to your CS department the options offered £10 less per month, yet this is still alot more than the offers you advertise and that of your competitors.  Why don't you recognise customer loyalty?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Current prices

try the options team 0800800030 who are uk based.  you may get a good offer for renewing adsl but very little reduction if infinity

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
bazzer9
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

BT don't recognise customer loyalty -- it's not in their dictionary.
If they do offer you a cheaper deal and you accept, they'll tie you into another 12 month contract. But they are not keen to tell you this upfront.

My advice is -- Just Leave, there are some far better deals out there !
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 14

@bazzer9 wrote:
BT don't recognise customer loyalty -- it's not in their dictionary.
If they do offer you a cheaper deal and you accept, they'll tie you into another 12 month contract. But they are not keen to tell you this upfront.

My advice is -- Just Leave, there are some far better deals out there !

They have always been completely honest with me that negotiating a better deal comes with a 12 month contract.  The trick is to make sure that they are really giving you a good offer.  If not ask for a MAC code, then wait a couple of days for them to contact you.

toekneem
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 14

@pernes wrote:

As a long term customer of BT I can't tell you how incensed I am that you would rather that I terminated my services with you and sign up with a new provider than offer me a cheaper package.

When reviewing my current charges I see you are offering new customers offers that you won't match for existing customers, when speaking to your CS department the options offered £10 less per month, yet this is still alot more than the offers you advertise and that of your competitors.  Why don't you recognise customer loyalty?

Loyalty means nothing.

People say BT don't recognise loyal customers but it's not just BT as a lot of people on here will say its every company out there.

Insurance/Energyand a myriad of other companies.

Do yourself a favour . Every time any contract finishes spend 5 minutes doing some comparisons, arm yourself with the results and haggle away, but always always be prepared to move.

I stopped SKY TV service in February. Had numerous offers from them and within 6 months was back with SKY TV.

What was the deal. ???

Come back to SKY and get 1/3rd off any Package for 5 whole years with just a 12 month contract. Fair enough if I leave after 12 months I lose the remaining 1/3rd off. Hell so what . Do you think existing customers get 1/3rd off their package for the next 5 years.

I'm loyal to me and my family. No one else.

toekneem

(EASBF)

pernes
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

Thanks for the replies, I hope someone at BT is taking note and reading your replies and seeing how unhappy customers are!

MAC could obtained! 

0 Ratings
pernes
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

Meant to say MAC code obtained!
0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 14

@pernes wrote:

Thanks for the replies, I hope someone at BT is taking note and reading your replies and seeing how unhappy customers are!

MAC could obtained! 

No, they are not.  The only people at BT who take any notice of this forum are the moderators.

bazzer9
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Which joker thought up the adjective "BTCare" Community Forums ?
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

maybe you should note the rest of the page

"The BT Community forum is a place for BT customers and experts to share knowledge and help each other."
0 Ratings